The End of an Era

April 2022

*before they're engaged which would happen in August of this year*

"CY do we have pliers!?" Kat yells from the bathroom and then lets out a frustrated groan.

Kat and Christian had packed up their rental in Arizona and decided to drive to California so that they can sight see along the way with Zana who was going to turn two in a little over two months. Their daughter might have been voted the most loved and photographed child of all time. The couple had stopped at the Grand Canyon, Sedona and even popped into Chandler to see Cody.

Kat's photo of Christian with Zana strapped to his back and her holding Ajax as they hiked around Sedona had quickly become her most liked photo on Instagram. She says its because it was cute Christian says it's because it was the first photo that his terrible mustache had made it into.

While their excursion through Arizona had been fun Kat was happy to be back in her house in Malibu with a beach and also with the world's best grandmother, Alecia. Kat loved being a mother more than anything especially to Zana and Christian was honestly the world's greatest dad. Like he actually held his daughter up instead of his 2021 World Series Trophy this past year despite Kat's protest.

The entire world had collectively held their breath when Zana was born as everyone waited for a proposal that wasn't coming. Kat had mad it clear to Christian that she was perfectly comfortable with their relationship and loved raising Zana with him without the added stress of marriage. Weirdly he agreed. Plus, Kat had awful PPD and she spent most of the winter trying to beat her depression while also starting to workout again as Team USA started to prepare for FIVB National League.

She had a come back pretty quickly after having Zana and it stressed Christian out knowing that her mental health was no where near what it needed to be for the workout load that she was carrying. But he helped her in anyway possible and a lot of that meant just leaving her alone from time to time. They worked out together and took their daughter to the beach in their off season.

These last two weeks were the only break either of them were going to get before Christian jumped into another season with the Brewers and Kat went on tour with Team USA. Zana would be staying with with Christian's mom who had gladly volunteered to nanny for them and even offered to travel wherever they needed her. It was a huge win for the couple seeing as neither could trust a stranger with their daughter.

"Why the hell do you need pliers?" Christian asks and strolls into the master bathroom of the Malibu house.

Kat turns to Christian and frowns. Christian zeros in on her chest seeing as there was nothing covering her and her nipple piercings were starring back at him. How he loved those barbells.

"Its time..." Kat sighs and looks down at her piercing with a frown.

Christian's eyebrows shoot up, "You went through a pregnancy and chose not to breast feed to keep your piercings and NOW you're ready to take them out?"

Kat nods and sighs, "Its an end of an era. Aesthetically they're everything but its time."

Christian sighs too, "I'm going to miss them..."

Kat laughs, "I feel like were losing a family member."

"Well they do taste like keys and there's no place like home," Christian says and the pair of them laugh at his ridiculous joke. "So why do you need pliers? Are you going to cut them out or something?"

Kat shakes her head as the thought terrifies her, "No oh my god. No the little ball part is too tight unscrew so you know."

"Right pliers..." Christian nods.

"Hey I found pliers in in the laundry room-" Baker says and strolls into the bathroom to be greeted by a shirtless Kat and Christian who has started to try to take the piercings out. "Oh fuck Jesus Kat warn me." He slaps a hand over his eyes.

Kat rolls her eyes, "You act like you haven't seen my boobs as much if not more than Christian has."

Baker dramatically uncovers his eyes and hands the pliers over, "That's only because every time you get drunk you show everyone your piercings."

Christian nods, "He has a point..."

"Shut up and remove the fucking metal please," Kat demands.

Christian uses the pliers to clamp onto the piercing and goes to work trying to unscrew the end. It doesn't work. Kat tries not to cringe as her nipple gets jerked around by Christian's careless hands. She lets out a gasp as he gives a specifically hard twist.

"Fuck, babe that hurts," Kat whines and Christian stops immediately.

Baker lets out a frustrated sigh from his spot by the door where watches and tries not to cringe watching Christian fail, "Jeez how do you two even have sex this is painful to watch." He steps forward and Kat lays on the counter as the two men hover like they're in surgery.

Baker had come out to watch Kathryn play in a charity beach volleyball tournament with Kat. That's where they were supposed to head after this. If they ever managed to remove the piercings. Kathryn was running the tournament and had left hours ago to set up at Manhattan Beach.

"No, bro you gotta hold the one side a twist," Christian says.

Baker shakes his head, "No you have to twist both sides."

"That's not how physics works," Christian counters.

Baker glares at Christian, "You didn't even go to college... You don't know anything about physics."

"And you went OU so your degree isn't even real," Christian debates.

Baker looks up at Kat who had laid her head back and closed her eyes while trying to block out the two men, "Maybe we should put some WD-40 on them they'll slide right out."

Her eyes shoot open and her and Christian yell, "NO," at the same time.

"Okay, forget I mentioned it," Baker says in surrender.

"Wait!" Christian yells, "Got it!" Kat looks down to see him successfully unscrew one side and slide the bar out.

"One down one to go," Baker commentates.

Somehow the two surgeons managed to get the other one out and then spend at least five minutes examining Kat's nipples obviously very intrigued by the whole idea of it.

"That shit is wild," Baker says and looks at the platinum barbell. "Wait are these platinum and diamond?" He questions and holds up the end which was in fact a diamond encrusted piece.

Kat nods, "Yeah CY got them for my 23 birthday they're slick aren't they?"

"And fucking expensive to be taken out two years later," Christian huffs.

Kat finds a sports bra and puts it on so she can get ready for the volleyball tournament. She then takes a video on the barbells, pliers and then pans to the boys who wave at the camera. Kat goes to post the video to her Instagram story and captions it 'an end of an era big thanks to my surgeons who used pliers to take these things out of me. Yes, they were in my nips'.

"Well that was traumatic," Christian says and starts to change for an afternoon on the beach. "Remind me to tells our daughter never to get her nipples pierced."

Kat laughs, "I think you have a few years before you have to do that champ."

"If there's one thing I've learned during our crash course in being parents its never too soon to start," Christian says and opens his arms signaling that he wants a hug.

Kat walks over and wraps her baby daddy in a hug. Christian sighs and rest his face in between Kat's now metal free boobs.

"So do you want to get Zana ready or..." Kat prompts and Christian sighs and that his his indication that he will get their daughter.

Guess whose back, back again. Lol I'm in a little writing rut RN so naturally I would return to the easiest characters to write Kat and CY! So we have some fun outtakes woohoo