Kagome nodded, understanding the situation.

Aoi had taught her what to do. Kagome had remembered all of the lectures that she had listened to and all of the books that she had studied. However, knowing what to do was different from actually being able to do it.

Kagome ignored her unsure thoughts. Her hands couldn't start shaking, not now. If they did, she was sure to mess up.

Aoi lead and told Kagome exactly what to do as they cleaned and sewed the boy's wounds.

They both did their best, fixing the fatal wounds. Following all of the necessary steps. Nothing they did would help, however. The mud only continued to pool and blotch, straining the needle and thread.

They didn't stop, instead continuing until the pockets of pink flesh were sewn up tightly, mud no longer seeping and oozing. The scent of death never disappearing.

His breath was ragged, his lips a blue tint. Still alive, however afraid.

Aoi left to clean herself of the mud, leaving Kagome to watch over the dying boy.

She put her mud-covered needle down, and the boy finally spoke. He had been silent the whole time, only letting out grunts and groans. The sounds of a dying man.

"Will I be okay?" He asked in a raspy voice, a groan following soon after.

"...no. You've lost too much blood, " Kagome said as she looked down at her now shaky hands. Her mind was as empty as a vase- one that was once filled with coreopsis and lilac-, despite knowing he was going to leave soon.

"Oh, " he turned his gaze up to the ceiling and closed his eyes.

He wasn't sad. He knew what he had sighed up for- everyone that joined the demon slayer corps did. He knew this was sure to happen to him someday.

He knew this yet, yet why was he still scared?

"Will you stay by me?" he asked. Because he didn't want to die alone. He didn't want to die without anyone knowing what had happened to him. Without anyone caring.

"Okay."

He smiled and gripped her hand that was covered in blood- his blood. His grip was strong, for it once proudly held his sword.

The anxious feeling he felt subsided and was replaced with a soothing calmness. They stayed in silence, with only his loud pants being heard. Until the room went completely silent, and his once strong hand, went cold and limp.

"Is he...?" Aoi asked as she re-entered the room, finished with cleaning herself and changing into a new, mud-free apron.

"...Ah, yes, " Kagome replied, finally letting go of his limp hand and turned away from his blank face.

"Well then, hurry and help me clean up. There are more injured demon slayers that have arrived, " Aoi said as she rolled her sleeves up.

"Yes Sensei, " Kagome said as she too rolled her sleeves up. Prepared to clean the mud and other fluids. As well as move the corpse, for it had to be buried.

"Kagome, thank you so much for helping me today. You did very well," Aoi said as they had finally finished with the last of the injured demon slayers.

"You're welcome Sensei, " Kagome replied and took her mud-covered apron off.

Kagome headed through the dark hallways towards her room, silently. Looking back on her busy day and what all had transpired.

And suddenly, Kagome realized what had happened. Comprehended, what had happened.

Someone had died. Out of the four demon slayers she had worked on with Aoi, one had died.

The rush and the busy day had prevented her from actually understanding what had happened. But now, now that everything was calm and she no longer had to keep up with Aoi's fast actions, she understood.

She failed.

(She killed someone.)

Kagome stopped in front of her door and slid it open.

No, she didn't kill him. The demon did.

Kagome walked through laid down in her bed. She didn't even think to change out of her clothes nor take a shower.

Kagome wouldn't blame herself, she didn't blame herself. She and Aoi had tried as hard as they could. It wasn't their fault that he died.

It wasn't their fault.

(It wasn't her fault.)

The demon killed him.

It wasn't their fault.

It wasn't her fault.

Kagome shut her eyes, trying to put a stop to the spiraling by going to sleep. However, it didn't work. Everything was spinning and she felt like she was inside the hullabaloo of a tornado. Everything furiously winding around and around and around.

It was her fault.

All,

her,

fault.

Then, suddenly, someone was humming a familiar melody. It was calm, almost as if telling Kagome that everything was okay. Her heart slowed, and she hadn't even noticed that it was thumping furiously until it stopped. She fell asleep, and only then did she realize that no one had been humming, it had only been her imagination.

Chosha Secrets:

Kagome has midnight blue eyes, however, they are commonly mistaken for black.

Yeah, I'm going to occasionally do these. ^

I hope you enjoy this little book of mine!
Feel free to point out grammatical errors,
you grammar nazis.

The updates will be random.
However, I'll make sure that
I won't take month-long brakes.

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer
or the title art.
I only own my characters!
Also, because I'm adding an oc or I guess multiple ocs the plot will be changed accordingly.
I want to make this as
realistic as possible!