9: Stars and Bonding

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but we're going to be having a joint practice with the boys for the first half of the day." Azusa explained, then smiled at Goshiki. "I look forward to playing with you."

"Yeah, same here." The future ace nodded stiffly.

"Well then, I guess I'll leave you to it. See you at practice!" Azusa waved as she jogged out of the classroom, Hado waiting at the door.

"So that's your captain?" Goshiki glanced at me, and I nodded.

"Yep! She's really good at what she does."

"Cool." The bowlcut male made a mental note about the contempt he had seen in Azusa's eyes when she looked at Kazane.

"Well anyway, you better go back to your seat before class starts." I reminded him.

"Oh, right." He smiled at me before heading back to his seat that was across the classroom from me.

~•~

Practice went well, we did a lot of serving today so that definitely helped with my jump serve. I've been getting better but it still need work before I can use it in a game.

Sighing, I made sure to avoid the boy's gym and head directly to my dormitory. When I arrived, I put on more comfortable clothes and sat down at my desk to start working on the assignments I had gotten that day.

It seemed like hours as I worked, when suddenly my phone tinged. Blinking out of focus, I reached for it and opened the new message.

•••

Tendou 🦎Kazzyyyyy, come to the roof of the gymmmmmmm pleeaaseee!

Tendou 🦎
Kazzyyyyy, come to the roof of the gymmmmmmm pleeaaseee!

Kazane 😎
Uuuhhhh why?

Tendou 🦎
Because I asked so nicely!

Kazane 😎
I suppose I can, but just for a minute. How am I even supposed to get up there?

Tendou 🦎
Semi will show ya! See you in a few!!! 😘

Kazane 😎
My God you are weird.

Tendou
Awwwwwww thank you! 🤣 hurry uuuuppppp!

•••

With a sigh, I put on my jacket seeing how cold it could get at night along with my warm up pants, grabbed my keys and phone before heading out the door.

The fact that Tendou didn't tell me outright why he wanted me to come to the gym roof kind of made me suspicious but I knew he wasn't doing anything dangerous because that's just not him, so it would probably be fine.

"Hey." Semi greeted as soon as he spotted me. The third year was leaning on the wall next to the entrance of the boy's gym, his arms crossed.

"Oh hey Semi." I smiled and nodded, "so uh, have any idea what's going on? Tendou was very vague." I told him, to which he just smirked.

"You'll find out." Was all Semi said before heading into the gym. "Come on, follow me."

"Geez you guys are weird.." I muttered under my breath as I followed him. He led me to the office in the back, then through a door which contained a flight of stairs.

At the top of the stairs, another door stood. "Alright, we're here." Semi told me, then opened the door.

"Hey Kazzy-boo!" Tendou exclaimed, drawing everyone's attention to me if it hadn't already by the loud door screeching.

"Um, hi you guys.." I glanced around, noting that everyone on the boys team was there. Not only that, but they had done up the roof. "Holy crap."

"Told ya she'd like it!" Tendou smirked at Reon who just shrugged

"W-was this always up here?" I asked as I came through the door. Semi nodded with a hum.

"Yeah, it's been here ever since we were second years. We've been upgrading it as time went just so the team would have somewhere to just hang out."

"Then why are you showing me?" I questioned in confusion, and they all looked at me. Tendou snorted.

"Because we want you to hang out with us more often, dummy! And so whenever you wanna get away, you can come here." The redhead grinned, his hands on his hips.

"Wow, thanks guys." I grinned widely, hugging each of them.

"Oh hey it's starting soon!" Goshiki called, causing everyone to nod.

"Uhh what's happening soon?" I asked Ushiwaka. I knew he was the most likely to tell me since everyone else was trying to keep everything a secret.

"You'll see." The ace murmured, sending me a rare smile which caused my face to heat up. "Don't worry, you'll like it."

"Uuuhhhh, i-if you say so." I blinked a few times before Tendou suddenly pulled me down into the long couch and told me to close my eyes. "You guys are too extra, I swear."

"Just do it Kazzy-boo," Doing as told, I closed my eyes and waited for him to tell me to open. "Now, open em!"

"Oh wow." My eyes lit up at the sight before me. It was a meteor shower, lights zooming across the sky.

"I know right?" Tendou grinned, leaning back with his hands behind his head. Yamagata was sitting on the other side of me while Semi sat next to Tendou.

Everyone else was sitting on the other chairs, and we all just watched the show in silent awe. Tonight was definitely a night I would never forget, I thought as I glanced around at the boys and smiled.

I'm glad we all became friends.