Is this a prologue?

Before we go on with this story, there are some things that you need to know and a few concepts to understand. Some concepts will be elaborated later on in the following chapters but this page here will give you the basics.

Basically, in a certain world where humans, the half-human and half-nonhuman Otherkin, and the human Ability-users all exist with the Gods and the personification of the concepts of the Universe.

Long ago, somewhere, in the middle of nowhere, at a certain time, in a certain day, one day, randomly, a pillar of light rose from the ground and pierced the sky... or did it emerge from the sky and dug through the ground? Point is a pillar of light appeared out of nowhere. No one knew why or how but it just seemed to happen.

At the same time as it appeared, something came out. Now, it would have been fine if a civilization of otherworldly people appeared to come and make peace, as well bring us technology far more advanced for that time. Or, a spirit came to warn us of a terrible thing about to happen if we kept on our evil ways. Heck! Even the Rapture would be better than anything.

Nope! It turns out that the light is a one-way portal to another dimension filled with big, black beasts hungry for human flesh and the destruction of everything. They took the shape of monsters that were myths to us. Some of them talked and spoke with intelligence. Others who didn't were merely foot soldiers.

They also come in ranking strength. Nothing that man had made at that time and times after that could effectively hurt them. Blades won't pierce their skin. Bullets just bounce off. Big enough explosions or heavy enough force can hurt them but they have fast regeneration. The foot soldiers can be wiped off by Nukes but the intelligent ones require Supernovas just to hurt them.

They came in hordes. Whatever their goal was, it obviously involved the destruction of the world and probably the use of humanity as sustenance or procreation. The beasts called themselves Reapers – at least that was what the intelligent beast said.

"According to your tongue, you may refer to our kind as Reapers." Said one of them.

It may sound like this is the start of a post-apocalyptic, dystopian story where humans are hiding from the Reapers and that they somehow come across a weapon that could defeat the Reapers. There is also a secret, twisted reason for why the Reapers are here. And somehow the main character also has the same power as the Reapers because his father is somehow involved in the cause for Reaper appearance.

NO!

While there is a twisted reason for why there are Reapers and there's also a weapon that could defeat Reapers, but it is still different. Unlike those stories, humans aren't actually screwed.

Fortunately, coincidentally, somehow, suspiciously, at the same time, there are a certain set of individuals with powers that transcend the Gods. They were very powerful. They had power over the elements. They possessed indestructible weapons that could kill the Reapers despite their rank.

These individuals have always kept the world in balance. They toppled governments and established governments. They stopped wars and caused wars. They have the more authority than even the world leaders. They inspired generations of people to do the right thing. No one knows their true identity but they only referred to themselves as Influents.

They were powerful and were the perfect match against the Reapers. They held back the Reapers and took them down one-by-one. But with each Reaper horde being held back, a new horde would appear at random times, at random intervals, and at random locations. But no matter when or where they appeared, the Influents always arrived.

There are four groups of Influents each with seven members. They battled the Reapers for decades, centuries, and eras. Each group of Influent changes with each generation but out of four, one group of Influents have been the same until today. This group was known as "Team Prime."

Team Prime wasn't always the most powerful group. They were exactly unique to the other Influents but they were more well-known and well-loved by the world. The Reapers remembered their name the most. The Gods hated them the most. Even amongst their fellow Influents, Team Prime is well respected. They were heroes.

One day, something strange happened followed by a series of conveniently suspicious coincidences. On that day, Team Prime had disappeared. No one knows why or where they have gone. Conveniently, on following days, the Reapers have stopped coming. No pillars of light appeared out of nowhere and no hordes appeared at random times. It was very convenient timing.

Since then, Influents went into hiding. More accurately, they stayed low. They continued their activities of keeping the world in balance but not as loud as they used to. They are probably waiting for something or probably not.

At first people were confused. Everything just happened suddenly so of course people are confused. Team Prime disappeared; the Reapers stopped coming; the Influents are hiding. But eventually, people moved on.

The Influents had finally defeated the Reapers and are now resting... or so the story goes. That's what the people believed. Life continued. The balance and the peace that the Influents built fell just as quickly. And that's how it's going to be.

Our story begins thirty years later after that. No flying cars, no futuristic buildings, and no neon lights in cities. No iPhone XXX, no laser guns, and no cybernetic enhancements on humans. Nothing much has changed except the world is united under a corrupt government, nobles are a trend again, and Otherkin and Ability-users are discriminated and persecuted.

During this era, after a series of suspiciously convenient coincidences, six friends are reunited after a seven year split.

Who they are? You'll see...

Anyway, that's the basics. Some of the concepts above will be elaborated later.

Good luck!