𝗂𝗂. 𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗱𝗮𝗱𝗲

Start from the beginning

“I'm not pale,” Charlie mumbled under his breath and Alissa chuckled.

Everything went silent on the other end of the phone. She hated that because she knew what was coming but she was prepared for it.

How are you?” Stiles asked the girl. There it was. She's been okay with people not asking how she was and she was glad about it. However, she wasn't going to break down when someone asked her that.

“It's difficult but I'm taking it day by day,” she said, glancing back to her uncle. She not sure she'll ever really be okay but she will try to move on since that was all she could do.

I'm glad. We do miss you though.”

Alissa smiled ready to tease him. “Stiles, you really need to take a hint. You and I are never going to happen,” Alissa said and the boy huffed, rolling his eyes. Teasing and joking around told Stiles that she was going to be okay.

You're impossible sometimes.
Stiles sighed, not knowing if he should tell the girl yet or not. It's only been a few days, so he was a bit unsure if he should even bother her with this.

Uh, Alissa. Have you talked to Derek, yet?” Stiles asked, as he eased into the subject. Alissa frowned, focusing on making her sandwich. She and Derek hadn't talked since she left.

“Uh, no.” Charlie left the kitchen and Alissa lowered her voice. “I honestly think it's best that he and I don't talk for a while. I was pretty attached to him and with everything, I put so much load on him. . .so separating myself from him was the best for me,” Alissa said. Derek never saw her in a romantic way and she had been okay with it, it was a small crush that developed into something more to a point where she got so attached that she wasn't herself.

Her mother dying and Allison. He become her support system. She needed to distance herself for him before it turned obsessive. It was unhealthy for them both.

Alissa. . .”

Bella walked into the kitchen and Alissa offered her a small smile. “Yeah, Stiles?”

Derek is missing.” The girl's eyes widen just as Charlie entered the kitchen again. Alissa looked to her uncle and cousin and she excused herself, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

“What do you mean he's missing, Stiles? How can you guys lose a grown ass man?” Alissa asked in a hushed tone.

I don't know how but we think some hunters took him. We're thinking of going to Mexico in a few days to go look for him,” he informed her since he knows if he didn't he would regret it later.

God, what the hell did that man get himself into?, Alissa thought shaking her head 

“Stiles, find him please,” Alissa pleaded him.

Don't worry I will make sure he is back home.”

Alissa hung up the phone after they said their goodbyes. The girl bit her lip thinking of what could have happened. She wasn't in Beacon Hills anymore but she wished she could go to Mexico with them. She needed to slap some sense into him. He needs to stop getting kidnapped so much.

“Alissa, your toast!” The girl ran back to go finish making her sandwich.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈