bonus scene

Year 2029

It has been ten years. Ten years since my life became a thriller filled with ghosts and evil spirits.

It took a while to get used to seeing them roam around everywhere, but now I don't even spare them a glance. They are aware of who I am and what I can do if they cause trouble. They're supposed to go to my hotel once they die, but they couldn't be guided there just yet because of unknown reasons, particularly the evil spirits.

It makes me wonder if I had encountered such things back then when I wasn't given the sight to see them.

Was there a time where I roamed this exact park more than ten years ago and there was a ghost following me? I guess that question is pointless to ask now.

I try to get out as much as I can. I know that I can't be apart from the hotel for too long, so I sneak in around three hours everyday of my schedule to come to the park.

I sat down at an empty bench, letting the warm rays of the sun touch my skin. I look across and see a family of four. The father, the mother, and two toddlers with pigtails and dresses that were matching except one was wearing blue and the other one was wearing red. I see them every Saturday and Sunday morning, and I come here just for this view.

Appa! I'm hungry!” One of the baby girls said after stopping the swing she was on. “Can we go see Mr. Lee over there?” She asked, pointing to the chicken shop behind my back.

The woman laughed. “Just because Mr. Lee likes to give you free food, doesn't mean you should take advantage of his kindness,” she scolded playfully.

The child groaned. “Appa!” She whined to her father, who apparently was whipped for his daughter.

“How about you, Yeon Na?” he asked his other daughter. “Are you hungry too?” She nodded shyly. It was obvious who the more dominant twin was.

“Okay then. Let's go to Mr. Lee, girls!” The girls cheered. Yeon Na quietly stuck to her mother's side and followed the direction of her father who was running full speed with her sister on his back.

The woman looked worried. “Careful, Young Min! Na Won looks like she's going to fall!”

Young Min laughed. “I got her. Don't worry!”

The family run past me and made their way inside the chicken shop where I spent many of time with.

I didn't worry about being recognized. I looked a lot different from how I used to look. Long gone are the baggy shirts and pants I used to wear, as well as my messy hair and bangs that practically covered my eyes if it weren't for my glasses protecting my irises.

It's no surprise that neither Young Min nor Mr. Lee could recognize me when I come into the shop.

I would sometimes have a meal at the chicken shop where Young Min and his family would sometimes be in.

It's nice to know that even after ten years, Young Min was still friendly to our old boss even if he had found another higher paying job to pay his bills.

I looked gingerly behind me and saw Mr. Lee serving the Choi family some snacks to nibble on with a grin on his face. He may have aged, but the youth was still in the way he moved and he hadn't changed a bit whenever he was scolding his employees.

I wonder how he spends the money I send in his account. Young Min too.

I look at his family once more. It was crazy when I found out he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant some years ago. And it was just as crazy looking at my friend become a devoted father.