Chapter 20 {Their Own World}

Start from the beginning

"They're Delphinium. A genus of about 300 species of perennial flowering plants mostly native in the Kingdom of Edolis" another girl, a green-haired answered with such detailed information.

"Wow~ Amazing, Kathryn's really smart!" the lively brunette— Avelyn praised.

"Kath's hobby is gardening aside from reading, of course" a blonde maid smiled, passing more flowers with a sweet white-haired girl helping as well.

"And Delphinium can also be a good use for poison seeing it is quite toxic to both humans and livestock" the intelligent green-haired girl— Kathryn added nonchalantly.

"Don't really need to know that but okay" the blonde maid—Erina sweatdropped.

"So no wonder you didn't mind accepting my invitation!"

"It would be impolite to decline an invitation" Kathryn stated.

"And since when you're Miss Polite?" The boisterous blonde?—Cynthia mocked earning herself dirt thrown at her. "—Oi!"

"You guys, please don't fight. We'll never finish this before teatime" Erina scolded.

"Yeah if you're gonna fight, do after we're finished. Roll in the dirt if you want to" a pink-haired girl bluntly said.

"Yumi, don't encourage them! No one's gonna roll in the dirt!" Erina, the usually soft-hearted girl sternly said.

"Please. Cynthia's the only one who would roll in the dirt" Kathryn rolled her eyes before dodging dirt thrown her way.

"Stop dodging!"

"Can't. I don't like mud pie that much. Sorry"

"Don't say sorry when you're not even a single bit apologetic!" Cynthia raged out, flinging dirt around.

The other girls scrambled all over the garden, trying to avoid the dirt attack. Yumi was dodging every single one perfectly and with little effort but the same thing couldn't be said for Erina. The blonde maid was fretting, trying to scold her friend while protecting a small white cinnamon bun. Lily watched the whole scene with fearful eyes, growing even more pale than usual. While Avelyn was protecting the flowers with her body, paying no mind to the dirt.

"M-Milady?" A maid was dumbfounded and called out her mistress in concern. Her sudden presence thankfully stopped Cynthia from flinging anymore dirt. Everyone else stopped following in suit.

"A-Ah yes, Phoebe?" Avelyn awkwardly smiled at her maid.

"You were making a lot of noises so I've come to check on you but...." The maid nervously glanced down at the messy scene. Cynthia's hair was ruffled and in a mess despite being tied up with dirt-covered hands. While Erina and Avelyn had it worst, their clothes had terrible dirt stains ones that weren't supposed to have when gardening. However, Lily, Yumi and Kathryn were completely fine though the green-haired girl had bits of dirt stains at the bottom of her skirt.

"Sorry Phoebe, we just...got carried away" Avelyn sighed.

"A-Alright, just please call me if you wish for anything, Milady" she bowed before leaving the children to their...um gardening fun if you wanna call it that.