Chapter 19 {Great or A Disaster}

The stars decorated the night sky, glistening bright as they accompany the moon. Everyone was back at in their homes, leaving only the creatures of the night to wondered all about.

It was dark and late, not a soul was awake as the same could be said about the Claremore Mansion.

Though a single room was still awake, as the Duke was still wide awake to finish off his paperwork before returning to his bed.

One by one, he set the finished paperwork aside until he comes across a letter with a very familiar wax seal.

"Ren? Wonder what he wants....." Duke Vincent ripped opened the letter. The dark-haired man lazily read the contents of the letter.

"I see......have a what? A new disciple? Coming here? Tomorrow?!" His eyes widen at each word. He even double-checks to see if his eyes were playing tricks on him.

"Seriously....and this just came today afternoon" Duke Vincent sighed rubbing his temple. Whether it was from exhaustion from staying up or the dread of his friend's shenanigans, he doesn't know.

"And you can worry about it tomorrow" Duchess Terisa hummed as she entered her husband's office. She came to check on her dear husband, concern the man will work himself to death.

"Ah sorry, my dear" the duke sighed, slumping down his chair.

"It's already late, how about you come to bed. It's no use to worry about it now with you died tired" she frowned, hugging him from behind. The duke tiredly smiled in return, "Alright, you're right"

"Aren't I always?" She just smiled knowingly. A women's intuition is not to be taken lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The Next Day ~

The sun has risen as a new day has started, a beautiful day.....

"Aww~ the Young Mistress look so precious when she's happily asleep" Sarah smiled along with Erina as they both entered the girl's room. Cynthia snuggling in her bed, hugging her pillow tight. The young heiress was even smiling in her sleep.

"Yes, she does. Probably dreaming about food or something" Erina hummed, which was probably true, knowing her friend well.

"True and it would be a shame to ruin that" Sarah sighed, holding her palm to her cheek before a grin replaced it. "—Let's wake her up"

"Already ahead of you~" the younger maid smiled as she had pans in each hand. Sarah grinned even wider as the younger girl have the same idea. Great minds, think alike.

""WAKE UP!!!!"" The two maids banged the pots and pans. The loud bangs, immediately awaken the sleeping heiress from her peaceful slumber....probably not how the girl wish to start her day.

"Ahh!! I'm up!!!" The blonde heiress shot straight up from the bed. Her heart beating heavily as her hair suffered from bed hair. Golden threads tangled in knots and stuck on the drools dried on the corner of her lips.

"And a good thing too! We have a guest coming today, so the Young Mistress should be getting ready!" Sarah smiled while Cynthia groaned in her palm.

"We already prepared hot water for you," Erina said as she pulled her friend from the comfort of her bed and into the bathroom. Cynthia almost tumbled over if she hasn't secured her footing in time...close call.

"We'll set up your clothes on the bed!" Erina yelled as she slammed the bathroom door shut.

"Yeah yeah..." Cynthia groaned as she tiredly took her clothes off and get into the bathtub.