Chapter One

It was a strange night, there seemed to be a chill in the air, and I could sense her presence.

We were gathering at the house where it happened. Where we first insulted her, bullied her, called her fat. Where we killed her. We tried to warn her, really. It wasn't our fault. She should have never tried to become one of us.

She was trying to ruin everything we had ever attempted to build. She crashed our parties, sat with us at lunch, and dressed exactly the way we did. We had to do something.

And so on that windy, cold October night, we decided to end it - once and for all. It wasn't that hard to get her to follow us to the house. She was loyal and thought we were her friends. We locked all the doors and finally, the games had begun.

"The House" was an old mansion we took her to, which was built in the late 1800s.

We told her we were having a Halloween sleepover, and of course she believed us.

Everybody in town called that house "The Slaughterhouse" because about ten years ago, there was a psycho killer who lived there and kidnapped kids and then killed them.

He killed them in the very same house that we were going to kill her.

We gave her water with sleeping pills secretly powdered inside. Then we dragged her body up to the attic. We tied her up to one of the rafters with some old, thick rope. And we waited, staring at her.

When she finally woke up, we towered over her menacingly. She looked scared, and obviously had no idea what was going on. She tried to talk but her throat was dry because of the pills we gave her.

We put some gloves on so that we didn't leave any fingerprints. We had to make it look like she killed herself, so we slit her wrists. She screamed in pain as the blood slowly dripped out of her veins. We also made her grab the knife so that it had her blood on it. We gave her a towel to mop up all the blood that was pooling in a big puddle on the floor. We didn't want her to die fast, we wanted to have fun. And the fun had just begun.

We took her by the arms and dragged her to where we had tied a rope that people would use to hang others. When we made the rope it took us a while because we had to figure out where to hang it. There wasn't a lot of good options, just some moldy old boards that were almost falling apart.

Before we decided to hang her, we grabbed out a curling iron from my bag. Burning her a little bit wouldn't hurt. Much.

Finally when she had multiple burn marks on her arms, thighs, and stomach. We made her grab the curling iron after we were finished with it. Then we decided that she had, had enough. We tied her limp body up on one of the stronger rafters....

-----------------------------------------------------------

The sound of snapping brings me back to consciousness.

"Hey Riley? You there? I have been calling your name for the past ten minutes!"

I didn't know who that was until my eyes focused on the person in front of me. It was Amy.

"You thinking about that night?"

All I could do was nod. Bethany was in front of us. She was the strongest of us all because she had already seen her mother kill herself in front of her, so us killing her wasn't that big of a deal to her. Or that's what she told us.

I wasn't that close to Bethany like Amy is, but I still knew that deep down she was scared, really scared. We all were. We never knew if this plan would work, but it did.