Chapter 12

New friends for a lifetime

Friends for a lifetime, that's what I hope for us three.

But I realize that Wei Xiu only has me and Feng Mian as his close friends.

I didn't know why I suddenly decided to be compassionate enough to search for another friend for Wei Xiu and Feng Mian.

I truly wish that Feng Mian could have another friend other than me, so that when I am invalid in the future or cannot accompany her at least she have one more friend to have with.

For Wei Xiu, he's just a social butterfly but it doesn't mean that he's friends with everyone. He treated everyone in an equal manner but he always have this imaginary barrier he built for himself.

In short, although he have many people by him side, he's always at a distance with them.

I felt pity for him so I decided to do this, although I did it in a very extreme way, at least it has produced something!

My efforts weren't in vain!

"Ying...you- I don't know what to do in your head" he said with a slight shake in his head.

"You don't need to know what's in my head! Just don't bewitch Aifen or you'll suffer from my wrath!" I threatened him, baring my fangs towards the carnivorous male.

Feng Mian and the dude behind her snicker as they watch us as if their on their home watching an entertaining show.

"Feng Mian!" I pouted at her while she shook her head before shrugging her shoulders, then with a sigh, she has finally admitted defeat after seeing my puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, don't you dare seduce our little missy here alright?" She said to Wei Xiu before darting her glance to the other male. "And that applies to you too" she added.

"What? What did I do?" He said with an innocent smile, a fake one if I may add, and saw Feng Mian sneering at this so called Hao Ming Chen.

Seeing that the two of them having an intense battle, I sneak at look at Aifen and to my horror, she has left my side.

"Aifen?!" Then I took a look at Wei Xiu's side and true to my words, Aifen is on his side.

"Wei Xiu!" I gritted my molars as I stomp my feet towards him.

Then I stopped, maybe this is my chance to let Aifen see his true self. With an evil laugh, I form a plan in my head not knowing that Wei Xiu is looking at me the whole time.

"Well then, let's celebrate our new made friendship! Let's eat at Uncle Tao's lamb skewers place! The meat is so tender there, plus, it's cheap!" I didn't wait for them to speak and lead them to Uncle Tao.

Before long, I can see Uncle Tao's familiar hunched back, he was grilling some skewers on his side and adding sauce on the left. The smell of skewers wafted to my nose and I inhaled it greedily.

God knows how much I missed this lamb skewers especially made by Uncle Tao.

"Uncle Tao!" I waved my hand and walked towards him, the smell of meat is now more evident.

"Little Ying, how are you? Oh- Wei Xiu and Feng Mian oh- you brought some friends huh? Come in, I'm just finishing this" he pointed at the meat and glazed it with his special sauce.

My mouth is already watering and when he saw that, he laugh at my expression saying it was always the same everytime I looked at his diner.

When we were in elementary, I would always walk in this street and buy some skewers from my hard earned money. I always save my money everytime my mother gave me allowance and will always come back to this diner place.