Chapter Twenty-Five.

You can only achieve your goals, if you try hard enough.

******************************************************************************

Wow, studying at last minute apparently pays off. I got through with a few A's and a couple of B's. No grades below those. Phew. 

I was so scared to fail, because I only started studying like two days before the exams. Stupid fucking Louis and stupid fucking Harry. If it wasn't for them, I would have never left, I would have never skipped half the semester and I would have had more time to study. But hey, I got good grades so I guess this should happen more often.

Please don't. I'd die. I barely held on throughout these last few months, if it happens again, I'd lose my shit.

I applied for the last year on AMDA. The subjects would be cut in half, but I'd have a new one: Drama. That subject will help with students on their stage presence. I was excited as the school play was about to start. I still need to know if I got the part I wanted though.

I fixed my ponytail and knocked.

"Professor Corelli, may I come in ?"

"Of course, Carrie. Come on in." - She smiled.

I sat down in front of her desk. - "I wanted to talk to you about The Nut Cracker. Have you already chosen the cast ?"

"Good thing you mentioned it. I won't be posting around school. I was meant to call each of you and give you your scripts and talk to you about rehearsals." - She reached for a drawer and took a script out of it. - "Now that you're here, let's talk."

A lump in my throat started to rise.

"You're gonna be Clara. Your audition was amazing. Neither professor Matthews nor I, in our long years in this business, have never seen somebody with so much passion while they're performing, Carrie." - She handed me the script. - "I'll be expecting you every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the auditorium after class. Don't let me down." - She warned.

I smiled and got up almost immediately. - "Thank you so so so so much for the opportunity, Professor. I won't let you down. I promise." - I shook her hand and walked out of the door.

Nobody could ruin my happiness now. Nobody and nothing.

I got in my motorcycle - cars were too mainstream for me, you know... Even though I wanted a car but after everything I needed a change - and I rode home.

As I looked for a place to park my bike - let's just call it this way - I saw a black Range Rover parked in my usual spot. Suddenly, the air got cold and my happiness was all gone. 

It never crossed my mind how he could not have had brought his jeep all the way from London. But then again, he could have rented one.

I parked almost too fast with my heart beating like crazy.

Please, let it be him.

I opened the door in a rush, just to find my mother talking to Mary in the hall.

"Mum ? What are you doing here ?" - I put my helmet and bag on the dining table.

"Carrie, honey !" - She hugged me. - "Oh my, you look so skinny ! But you're still so beautiful !" - I rolled my eyes. - "Your father and I decided to come and see you. It's been so long and we miss our baby girl !" - She hugged me again. - "When we landed, we bumped into Louis and his band mates at the airport. He said we could have his rented car, while we stayed here. He's such a sweetheart, that boy. He will never change."