Ch.9

(Lexi's POV)

I woke up with huge smile on my face since I saw Marks hand draped over my stomach and I sighed in content.

If you're wondering, no, we didn't do it we just talked for hours and it was really nice.

Anyways I got up and got dressed and then woke him up "Hey, get up, Derek and Meredith aren't up yet so you could still sneak out." Mark groaned "I'm not scared of Derek Lexi." I sighed "Oh, right...I am."

Mark smiled and said "what time is it?" I looked at the clock "5am" Mark then got up with a sigh "ok." After we both get dressed we crept downstairs and I said "want some toast?"
He nodded and I smiled.

After I made us both some toast we started joking around. Mark then started laughing and we leaned in for a kiss.

The kiss was short because we were cut off by someone clearing their throat. When we looked it was Derek. Meredith was with him.

Mark coughed awkwardly and I took my toast and started crunching it in stop like the machine at Chucky cheese that takes your tickets.

Mark looked at me weird and I sighed. Great, it was happening again.

Ever since I was little I would stress eat. Whenever I would get stressed or not know what to do in a stressful situation I would just eat.

It was disgusting...but it helped.

(Little while later)

I was in a case with Mark AND Derek and I just wanted to pass out. Derek and Mark were both staring at the cat scans of the patient and I was just standing there. Hoping there would be a playful shive or a little laugh...boy was I wrong.

After they looked at the Scan Mark turned to me and said "book us an O.R." I did a slight nod and was about to leave when Derek said "Not so fast." I turned around...Oh No.

Derek then said "Doctor Grey, the patient has an injured facial nerve that means what?" I sighed "that Mr. Gabe's will also need a nerve repair." Mark looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows while Derek then asked "does that mean that comes before or after Doctor Sloane's procedure?"

I gulped...shit! Think think think. Back up my boyfriend? Or my soon to be brother in law.

What am I thinking, I need to be professional and answer honestly.

I walk up to them so that I am in the middle and I look at the scans.

I take a deep breath and say "before." Mark gets annoyed and says "incorrect." I sigh and look at him "because you'll have to explore the wound for bone fragments. Not to mention reconnect the brain to repaired the amount of hearing loss." Mark crossed his arms and fought back.

"Which is why I need you to book me that O.R. now doctor grey." Derek then shoots back "look if the patient has facial paralysis then it won't matter what you do on him." He then turns to me "right doctor Grey?" I freeze "uh-I-" I sigh.

I can't do this.

Derek then raised his voice "Doctor Grey." Mark's voice softens "Lexi?"  I start breathing heavy and feel faint but I try to stay strong "um" I look between both of them and sigh Derek then says again "Doctor Grey?" And Mark says "Lexi?"

I then can't take it anymore and tell "I THINK YOU BOTH ARE AMAZING SURGEONS!" I let out a relieved sigh and Mark and Derek glare at each other and then I walk out of the room and reach into my pocket and take out a granola bar and do a satisfactory sigh as I feel the taste of the granola bar on my taste buds.

That is such a relief.

It has literally been like that all day basically and I am more stressed than this morning.

I was finally at lunch and I sat with Meredith because we have gotten closer and I told her everything while showing chocolate peanut butter into my mouth.

Meredith scoff's and says "Those two are making you so uncomfortable and now they are gonna hear it." She gets up and I walk with her two and we get into our surgery scrubs and she walks into the room where Mark and Derek are scrubbing in.

She then starts scolding them as I am behind her shyly eating mini brownie bites "ok, before you guys go in there and start cutting in this patient, you need to apologise to each other. If not for the patient, then for me, or for Lexi. Look at her" She says and points to me and Derek and Mark follow her point.

Meredith continues "face is breaking out, her ass is humongous -" I cut her off and talk with my mouth full "it's true, I had to get the scrubs with the elastic waist band." Meredith started speaking again "if you don't apologise right now she's not scrubbing in." I then nods and get another brownie "I won't, and you can't make me."

Mark and Derek roll their eyes and I swallow "this should be a joyful time" I turn to Mark "your bestfriend is getting married, you should be the best man." I shove another mini brownie in my mouth.

Derek scoff's "the Chief will be my best man." Meredith's eyes go huge "What?" Derek ignores Meredith and walks into the operating room.

I then turn to Meredith "is it true, is my ass really huge?" Meredith rolls her eyes "Lexi." She then take the bag of brownies out of my hand and throws them away "excuse us...please?" I then walk out of room and groan.

Great...she just threw away perfectly good brownies.

(Later that night.)

I was sitting down at the kitchen table with Twinkies in front of me.

Dear God, please let Mark and Derek make up soon.

Meredith got some wine and sat down at the table with me "So, I guess a big wedding won't be that bad." I sigh and look at the Twinkies feeling disgusting.

"I'm just sad because I didn't get a chance to see the actual dress." I start opening a Twinkie.

Meredith smiles "you will." I scoff "how? I mean, if Derek and Mark don't make up ho-" Meredith then held my hand "you're my sister Lexi, you're in the wedding." I gasp "Oh my God." Not only did she call me her sister but "I'm gonna be a bridesmaid?" I ask. Meredith smiles and nods.

I start laughing with a hug smile on my face "Oh my God! I don't know what to say!" Meredith laughs "well, you should wait and see what Izzie picked out for you to wear, then you'll have plenty to say."

We start laughing and for the first time we were acting like normal sisters. Not half sisters but full sisters.

I take a bite of the Twinkie I had just opened and in walked Mark and Derek acting like buds and we're talking and laughing. They came in the kitchen and got a beer. They smiled at us and we gave them weird looks.

Meredith then turned to me, puts my hand, with half bitten Twinkie in it, down and whispers "you can stop eating now." My eyes go wide and I let out a HUGE sigh of relief "OH THANK GOD."

Later I was in the attic and I was listening to music when Mark came up "hey" I glare at him as he takes his jacket off, he notices and says "what?" I scoff and stand up off the matress and walk towards him "I literally witnessed hell today, and got a large ass and you guys are acting like you never got into a fight in the first place?"

Mark laughed "yeah, we talked it out." I roll my eyes and pout "you hurt me, especially when you wanted me to choose." Mark fakes a pout and says "aww, poor baby. Want me to make it up to you?" I shrug and smirk "depends on how?" He the walks towards me and kisses me tenderly on the lips "I got a few ideas." I smile and bite my lip.

And he did make it up to me...he made it up to me...

All...Night... Long...