Lizzie spots with her little eye...a jealous brat (3)

"We can't tell you everything," Lizzie started, looking at Stefan. "Because we don't know everything."

"But we will tell you what we think is safe to tell you," Josie said.

Stefan glanced between then confused, "Why wouldn't it be safe?" He asked.

"Let's just say that there are some supernatural creatures out there that have the ability to see into people's minds, vampire or not," Lizzie explained. "So we just want to be on the safe side."

"Ok," Stefan agreed.

The twins walked onto the bridge and sat down, side by side. Stefan raised his eyebrow curiously.

"What? This is going to be a long conversation so we may as well get comfortable," Lizzie said, before glancing at the waterfall.

"Sooo, what do you want to know first?" Josie asked.

"How about we start simple - what happened with Elena?" He inquired.

"Umm, that's actually a very complicated question," Josie replied. Stefan raised his eyebrows.

Lizzie shared a glance with her twin. "You probably should be more specific. For example, Do you want to know about your relationship with her? Or do you want to know why she is a doppelganger? Or What happens to her during her Junior year, or Senior, or even college? Because I can tell you now, a lot happened."

Stefan looked down in thought.

"How about my relationship with her," He said finally.

Lizzie looked at Josie, silently telling her to answer.

"You two were together for a little while but then..." Josie trailed off.

Stefan narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "But then, what?" He asked, warily.

"She dumped you for your brother," Lizzie bluntly said.

Stefan froze as he processed the information.

"Lizzie!" Josie shouted, smacking her sister's arm. "What the hell?"

"What?" Lizzie questioned. She was just being honest.

Josie facepalmed in exasperation.

"Oh, my god," She muttered. "You have zero tact."

Lizzie gave her sister an offended look.

"No, it's okay," Stefan said, coming back to reality.

"No, it's really not,"Josie said, frowning.

Stefan sighed. "Yes, it is. I know she didn't mean anything by it," He said.

Josie frowned before letting it go for now.

"You know you can still date her, right? Us being here might change how you two end up," Josie urged.

Stefan shook his head. "I-I don't know. If what you say is true-"

"-Which it is," Lizzie interrupted but then yelped a second later as Josie elbowed her in the ribs.

"Then, Elena may be more like Katherine than I initially thought." Stefan finished. Then he paused as he realized something. "Katherine is-"

"-We know who she is. The 3rd doppelganger AKA the Baddest Bitch Of All," Lizzie whispered the last part as if telling a ghost story. "She screwed you guys over a bunch of times."

Stefan paused. "How-how? She's dead."

"Oh," Josie's eyes widening in realization. "You don't know..."