Chapter 14: Tradegy Part Two

Soren:
She wailed over the open coffin, dressed in complete black. Her hair was down and gently swayed in the breeze. I bit my lip as she sobbed.

"Taka...... I..... Ugh...." She continued to cry. The robot that had followed her yesterday stood beside her. It looked up at her every now and then in a concerned way. I gasped in realization. He hadn't left her. He wouldn't, and in a way, couldn't.

She picked up the small, arm's length tall robot and hugged it close as she sat one the table with the coffin and corpse. She looked up at the sky. The mayor stood behind her with his head bowed in respect. He put his hand on the shoulder of Nariko and nodded his condolences. But it was time to bury him. They looked at her, asking if she wanted to say any last words. She nodded.

"Takashi..... Please enjoy the afterlife. Please. I picked a rose from the waterfall and brought you some candy so you won't get hungry if they don't have candy. I brought a bottle of soda for you, too. Please, show me your beautiful smile when I die. Goodbye, Takashi." She whispered quietly in his ear before kissing his cheek. I remembered what he'd told her before he died.

~Flashback~

"Nariko.....please... Take everything I own and keep it. Be strong, and never, ever give up. I remember all those years I spent looking at you, wondering how you felt. It doesn't matter now, does it? I've never told you in person, I've never told you how I felt. I....have always loved you, Nariko." His eyes closed and his breathing ceased. She cried and kissed him once.

"I....love you too..... Don't leave me alone! I... I don't wanna be the last one standing! Please, Takashi! Takashi!" She yelled and dug her face into his shirt, crying hard. The robot tugged on her shirt and she picked it up, standing. She fainted and I caught her.