Episode 1: Pilot

I felt my consciousness beginning to come back to me as I felt my shoulders being shaken. I was so tired. An almost twenty one hour drive all the way to Los Angeles with barley any stops.

" Come on Mani. Get up~" A voice whined as my shoulder continued to be shaken.

A deep frown formed on my face as I moved away from the hands that were annoyingly trying to shake me awake.

" Leave me aloneeee~" I whined and pushed the hand away from me only for it to follow me and begin shaking me once again.

I sighed, slowly opening one of my eyes, squinting when the bright light of the sun hit my eye, then I opened the other one.

I moved my eyes over and saw that it was my younger sister violet. Violet stood there with her head slightly tilted and her arms crossed, an annoyed look on her face.

" Can you wake up? I've been trying to wake you up for fifteen minutes now." She said with a deep frown on her face.

I remained silent as I stared at her, my brain still taking everything in, trying to process her words, the frown still on my lips before I sat up.

" Move." I said to her as I scooted over and put my feet outside of the car and stood up, stretching my arms up and yawning as I began to wake up more.

" Are we there yet?" I asked Violet as I yawned again and looked over to the huge house that we stood in front of.

" Yep." Violet answered as she walked past me and walked closer to view the house more.

I walked over as well and stood with my back pressed against the wall as the sound of the doorbell could be heard when my father pressed the button.

" I love it!" My father exclaimed. " Don't you just love it hun?" He asked as he threw his arm around my mothers shoulder.

My mother looked at my dad for a quick second before turning her eyes away, pressing her lips into a thin line and nodding hesitantly as she started stroking Halle's fur, then she looked up at the house to take it in more.

" It looks even better than it does online." My dad said, happiness oozing from him.

" Yeah, it- it looks... interesting." My mom replied to him.

I huffed, my arms folding across my chest and my eyes closing as I rested against the wall.

Mom wasn't lying though. The house looked fairly interesting. And it looked way better than the pictures that they used to advertise it on the website we saw it on. The paint on the house looked more new. The windows, that looked like huge rocks
had been thrown through them were replaced with new ones, and the vines that seemed as though they were beginning to take over the house was nowhere to be seen. Even the grass looked more lively, instead of the dead, almost brown looking grass from before it was replaced with fresh green grass that had been cut low, making the yard look lively, beautiful even.

" Great." My eyes shifted over to my younger sister as I heard her voice speak up. " So we're the Adams family now?" She asked to herself.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her words with a chuckle and she looked over at me. I nodding my head at her words in agreement with her.

" Hey! Crabby pants. Come here." My dad said as he motioned for Violet to come to the front door where we were standing.

" What are you doing?" My mother asked her.

" Isn't this place amazing." Dad asked at the same time as mom.

Violet nodded her head at them, pressing her lips into a thin line.