𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

- Clover's Pov -

The chattering of people around me made me more and more nervous. Starbucks is probably my least favourite place to be when my anxiety is going mental, It's always so crowded.

The door flung open and there he was. Quinton takes a seat down infront of me and smiles. "you look beautiful" He compliments me. "Thankyou" I blush. "So what did you want to talk about?" I ask. "Okay so, before you moved here I had feelings for Cynthia, over time I'm realising that they haven't really gone away and if anything they have gotten stronger, I wanted to tell you before we went any further and you got hurt" He says quickly. A smile instantly shapes on my lips, I sigh out in relief. I liked Quinton but I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't catch feelings for Jaden and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt him.

"you know what-". He takes a deep breath as I pause. "I ship it, 100%, go for it" I say. He grins. "but shes with Chase, that's the thing" He sighs and rests his chin on his hand. "I honestly can't see that lasting" I laugh earning one from him too. "When they break up or whatever, because I know they aren't ACTUALLY together, make sure you're there for her" I say sternly, pointing a finger towards him. He smirks and nods. "Thankyou for being so understanding" He says sincerely. "That's what friends are for" I grin. "Do you need a ride from here to school?" He offers. "That would be great thankyou".

We drive to school and meet up with everybody outside the gates, only to see Cynthia sobbing her little heart out with everybody comforting her.
"What on earth has happened?" I yell, pulling her into my arms.
"Chase, he cheated on me with a 15 year old" She sobs. (I know Cynthia is 15 too but in this story I changed her age <3)
"What's her name?" I ask angrily.
"c-c-Charli" she stutters.
I glance over at Charlie who had Josh's arm around her shoulder.
"Hey don't look at me" she holds her hands up defensively.
"Should I make a diss track against him" Josh jokes making us laugh.
"You're not joking are you babe" Charlie looks up at him.
"Not in the slightest" He mutters.
I glance over at Quinton who's awkwardly standing there.
I stare into his eyes and force him to decide to comfort Cynthia.
That's another one of my abilities, I'm able to control people's decisions. It's not one that I use often.
He takes her in his arms and gently kisses her forehead, rocking her back and forth.
They really are perfect for eachother.
"I'll catch up with you guys later, I have a free period and I have to meet somebody" I say.
"Having a quickie with Jaden in the music rooms" Josh teases.
"Oh HA HA" I say sarcastically, sticking my middle finger up at him.
"It was actually quite funny" Cynthia says bursting out into tears again and hugging Quinton tighter making me chuckle.
"Take it easy goldilocks" I say to her as I walk off.

I head inside and sneak up the corridor to the music rooms. It's actually blocked off so no students are meant to go in there but... Every student at this school breaks the rules at some point.

I hear his angelic voice from the otherside of the door and I open the door to see him sat on one of the couches with his guitar and a notepad infront of him.
"Hey kitten" he smiles before looking down at the guitar strings.
"Hey" I smile dropping my bag on the floor and sitting next to him.
"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask.
"Well-" he places his guitar down.
"I've seen how good you are at writing songs, and how passionate you are about your work when we're in music...". I nod for him to carry on. "Would you be willing to maybe ...".

He struggles to find his words and he seemed nervous.
I focus on his thoughts to figure out what he was trying to ask me.
"How do I ask her to help me finish writing this... It may be too much"

"Yes Jaden". He looks up at me with hope in his eyes.
"I will help you with writing comatose" I grin.

He stands up quickly and picks me up into a hug, wrapping my legs around his waist and spinning me around.
He stops but doesn't put me down, our eyes connect again and our breathing becomes heavier.
"But-".
He nods.
I look down at his lips, resisting the urge to kiss him.
"We're going to have to set some ground rules" I say.
He puts me down on the couch and takes a seat next to me.
"Of course" he smirks.
"Consider me a colleague of yours, and you don't fuck your colleagues" I raise my eyebrow.
He raises his eyebrow to mock my facial expression. "I'm sure we could come up with an agreement".
"And the other rules-" he signals for me to keep going.
I think for a second. "No that really is the only rule, we can't have sex, I'm just your bestfriend who is helping you write a song, meaning you will be spending a lot more time with me". He chuckles and nods. "Deal".

"Promise?" I hold my pinky out. He smirks and takes my finger in his. "Promise".

Of course....promises sometimes get broken.