𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 || 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

- Clover's Pov -

A cold wave of air hits my skin, forcing me to wake up. I squint my eyes at the sight of the sunlight beaming through the unfamiliar blinds. I sit up straight and glance around. Where on gods name am I... I can't remember a single thing from last night, the last thing I remember is truth or dare.

I grab my phone off of the bedside table to see 14 missed calls from Charlie, 2 messages from Cynthia, a missed facetime from Dani, 8 missed calls from Quinton and 6 missed calls from Tony. I decided to text our groupchat to let them know I was okay.

The meme team

Me- Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I'm fine, I don't entirely know where I am but I'm okay!

Quinton- Do you need me to pick you up?

Me- No thankyou :), I'm able to find my way home but thankyou for the offer!x

Cynthia- Jaden picked you up last night after you called him x

Me- Wait so I'm in Jaden's house!!

Chase- Yep, good luck phahaha x

Quinton- If you need me let me know x.

Me- Thankyou :)

Tony- Hey do you know where Charlie is? x

Me- what-, shes not there either? x

Ondreaz- No, she left last night, not long after you actually x

Dani- We suspect that she's with Josh but she's not answering the phone x

Me- I'll text her x

-------------------------------------------

Me- Where on earth are you? x

Charlie- Location: Josh's bed.

Me- YOU'RE JOKING!!

Charlie- Nope :)

Me- Meet me back home in an hour and tell me everything!

Charlie- Okay cool, I need help getting ready for our date tonight.

Me- Don't worry girl I got you :).

I lock my phone and untangle myself from the sheets, I hop out of bed and check myself in the mirror, wow I always look like absolute crap when I'm hung over. I step out of his room and down the now-familiar corridor. I stop outside of the livingroom door as I hear a guitar being beautifully played alongside his soft voice letting out clearly meaningful words.

"I don't care enough to miss you, after all the shit we've been through, my heart's comatose, comatose. So used to the pain that its my remedy, easy to hate I gave you everything, funny that you're the one that ran away, you left me first".

A wave of his heartbreak, sadness and guilt hits me... these are more than just lyrics... he really feels this shit. I lean against the doorway, glancing down at him, carefully holding the guitar in his hands and glancing into the fireplace as he sings his feelings away. Once he'd finished, he notices me in the door way. "Good morning Clover, I didn't see you there" He sighs. "Are you- okay?" I ask sitting beside him on the carpet. "More than okay" He says. I wasn't convinced of course.

"Then what was that song about?" I ask. "Just something that I wrote a little over a year ago, I only have a few lyrics, I haven't got a full song yet" He shrugs, leaning his guitar against the fireplace. "I trust you slept well" He smirks to me. I nod my head and smile. "I don't know what happened last night though" I frown, glancing at the orange and red beautiful flames, just listening to the spitting and crackling sounds.

"You called me to say that I was a jealous prick and then said you needed to see me, I picked you up and brought you here, you passed out so I got you changed and put you to sleep in my bed before heading to the spare room to sleep" He says cheerfully. "Oh so we didn't-" I say motioning to us both.

"Drunk sex isn't really my thing. I'd prefer for the girl to be sober so I know 100% she's giving me her consent" He says, standing up and taking a seat on the sofa, pulling a deck of cards out of the coffee table draw.

I wanted to be anywhere but here, but somehow he made everything more comfortable.
I get up off the floor and sit down on his couch, still drowning in one of his oversized T-shirt's.
He very gently shuffled the deck of cards before handing them back to me.
I smile at the sight of the card on the top of the deck.
"This card describes you" I whisper holding it up in his view.
"King of hearts" he speaks softly, a smirk plasters itself on his lip.

I nod eagerly, His gaze meets mine... It was intense and it drew me in. I know I shouldn't let it but he's fucking breathtaking. He bites his lip and I cross my leg over the other, squeezing them together. My breath hitched as he stands up and leans down to whisper something in my ear. I clutch the sofa as he gets closer and closer to my ear. "Try not to get too excited Kitten". He chuckles and looks into my eyes, still inches away from my lips before grabbing the mug from the coffee table and walking off into the kitchen. I slow my breathing down and glance towards the kitchen door way. "fuck" I mutter under my breath. I could completely see why all girls wanted to fuck him.

"Clover, would you come here for a second?" He calls from the kitchen. I stand up instantly obeying him and tiptoe to him. "Yes?". He turns to me and pushes himself onto the kitchen side. "You shouldn't have got drunk last night, I'm all one for testing limits but... you could end up in hospital if you don't stop" He says concerned. Every part of me wanted to ask him why he even cared, but deep down, he really did care about me... which is weird because from what I heard he's too stubborn to give a fuck about anybody. "I know, I'm sorry" I frown.

"Don't be sorry, I just advise not getting that drunk after just getting over a hangover" He smiles.

"Coffee?" He asks. I nod and send a heartfelt smile. I push myself onto the kitchen side and sigh. "talk to me Kitten" He says standing beside me. "Why do you do what you do?" I ask.

"No reason" His tone turns sour. "But I mean-" "There isn't a reason" He snaps. I nod and look to the floor. "Sorry".

"No, I'm sorry" He says rubbing my arm slightly and leaning his forehead against my shoulder. I gently stroke the back of his neck as I hold him in my arms. "I better go home Jaden" I say. He nods and looks up into my eyes. "I'll drive you".

I grab my stuff and throw on my dress, Jaden told me I could keep his T-shirt. I get into his car and he drives me home, pulling up into my drive way he sends me a subtle smile. I glance over to see Charlie jumping up and down excitedly at the top of the drive. "I'll see you tomorrow?".

I nod and kiss him gently on the cheek. "Whatever is going on in your mind right now, It will be okay" I whisper rubbing soft circles on his jawline. I get out of his car, following Charlie inside.

I drop my stuff on the stairs and follow her to the kitchen. "So, you had sex with Josh?" I ask as she hands me a cup of coffee. "Yes" She says smiling like an idiot. "Great, so I'm the only virgin in this house now" I throw my hands up playfully.

"Wait you and Jaden didn't-". I shake my head. "Drunk sex isn't really his thing, He likes for the girls to be sober so he knows it's 100% consensual" I say sipping on my coffee. "He's a gentleman" She smirks. "Wouldn't go that far, he's in a lot of pain though, he just won't admit it to himself" I shrug. "Right I have half an hour to get ready" Charlie says pulling me upstairs.

I help her get ready by doing her makeup, curling her hair and choosing a dress for her. We head back downstairs to be greeted by Josh. "Hey little one" He teases patting my head. "Hey skyscraper" I tease back. "ready to go babe?" He asks charlie who nods. "have fun kids" I wave them goodbye and head back to the living room. I throw myself onto the sofa and turn on netflix. I check my phone and see two notifications, a message from Quinton and a message from Jaden.

Quinton- Can I talk to you tomorrow morning, meet me by starbucks?x

^Me- Yes, of course x

Jaden- I need to talk to you tomorrow, meet me in the music practice room during free period? Xx

^Me- I'll be there xx

The fact that they both wanted to talk to me was kind of nerve racking but I let it slide.