17 | not so happy halloween

Start from the beginning

Meilani, Stiles, Scott, Kira and Lydia all sat around in Noah's darkened office with Rafe and Noah. Noah was sat in the chair behind his desk while Rafe leant across the front of the desk with his arms crossed and Meilani got flashbacks to when he used to sit like that whenever her or Scott were in trouble. Much like right now because he was anything but pleased that his twins were in the same place as Barrow. Not like Meilani could even tell him why because he doesn't know about the supernatural and neither does Kira.

"So, when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles responded and Meilani had to roll her lips into her mouth to stop herself from laughing, burying herself further into Stiles' side and holding onto the hand that hung limply under her chin.

Rafe shot Stiles an unamused glance to which Stiles merely grinned at and his eyes shifted to Meilani. "MeMe, help me out here."

Meilani fought the urge to roll her eyes at her father and absentmindedly played with Stiles' hand. "At the same time as me."

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles questioned, not understanding where exactly Rafe was trying to go with this.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you show up at the same time. Is that a coincidence?"

Meilani furrowed her eyebrows and flickered her eyes over to her father, feeling his intense gaze on her. "What? Are you asking me?"