The Prince and I (7)

Chapter 7

Jesse’s POV

Friday rode around quickly. All the football team were getting hyped up for the game which meant no smoking or drinking. I sat in my chair beside Callie and Charles in Music class. ‘So are you to coming to the game tonight?’ I asked in a cheery voice.

‘It depends, is there going to be another party?’ Callie asked with a smile. I nodded. ‘Yeah we’ll be there.’

‘Good. Have any of you guys seen Anita? I need to break some news to her and she doesn’t seem to be here today,’ I spoke cunningly as I took my brick like phone from my pocket.

‘She’s not at school. So who is it next then Jesse?’ Charles asked cheekily with a smirk which created dimples in his cheeks.

‘Shut ya mouth,’ I muttered as I laughed. ‘Anyway I’ve been with Anita for almost four days so that’s long enough. I’m thinking someone like Isabelle or Rochelle,’ I admitted as I smirked again.

‘Jess you are such a slut,’ Callie commented.

‘It’s okay though because everyone still loves me,’ I bragged as I took Charles’s pen and began writing on some notes in my light green exercise book. ‘Anyway we have our play thing next Wednesday don’t we? Charles you just need to write the last act and then it’s finished,’ I addressed as I handed Charles his pen back.

‘Yeah sure, whatever,’ Charles answered whilst writing some more notes.

                I walked through the corridor in search for one of the female twins which I now had to be dating. I quickly took my phone from my pocket and began tapping a message into the keyboard to send to Anita. “It’s over” was all I sent on the text. When I saw the first sign of Auburn hair I sped up my walking and then tapped on the shoulder of the girl. ‘Hey Rochelle,’ I said guessing the name of the identical twin.

‘Jesse, hey,’ Rochelle replied, well at least I got her name right.

‘So I was wondering...’ I began as I slowed my speaking. ‘If maybe you want to come watch the football game tonight and then you can come over for a small party at David and Aarons house. You can bring Isabelle as well if you like,’ I said in a flirty tone. I could see Rochelle’s cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

‘Sure,’ Rochelle responded quickly as she smiled a tiny smile.

‘So I’ll meet you after the football game and then I’ll drive you round to the guys house,’ I decided as I smiled at Rochelle. My phone began vibrating in my pocket which meant I was getting a call. I quickly kissed Rochelle on the cheek. ‘Right I need to go, I’ll speak to you later,’ I said quickly as I began walking of whilst taking the phone from my pocket and pressing it to my ear.

‘Why Jesse?’ Anita sobbed down the phone.

‘Because it isn’t working Ann. It’s just I found someone else,’ I responded as I carried on walking through the corridor.

‘What did I do wrong Jesse? I can change, I promise,’ Anita wailed.

‘It wasn’t you, it was me,’ I said quoting a line from something. ’Look I can’t bare speaking to you, if I don’t let you go now neither of us will move on. I’m sorry Ann, well not really but if it makes you feel better,’ I admitted truthfully. My dad always use to tell me, honesties the best policy.

‘Fine then, I don’t need you! I deserve someone better than you, I’m pretty, I’m kind, and I’ve done nothing wrong. Anyone would die to be with me,’ Anita screeched down the phone.