The Prince and I (17)

Chapter 17

Jesse’s POV

‘She tricked me,’ I mumbled as I sat with my hands tied behind my back in the back of a carriage which was tied onto two black horses. A large man was sat on a bench next to the door with his arms folded. ‘I need to see my dad,’ I said with a croaky voice whilst trying not to cry.

‘And I need to get paid so you can sit down and shut up!’ the large man’s voice boomed which sent a shiver up my spine. ‘Take this!’ the man demanded as he threw a box of pills at me.

‘I ain’t taking those. Anyway I couldn’t if I wanted to,’ I said as I wiggled my hands behind my back. The man stood up and walked over to me causing me to flinch. He was like 7ft tall. The man bent down in front of me and squeezed my face before putting about five pills into my mouth. I tried to spit them out but he held my mouth shut before pouring an entire bottle of water over my face and into my mouth. I could feel myself choking and I then swallowed.

‘Not so hard is it?’ the man asked. I could instantly feel something happening to me and my body began going numb. And then everything went black.

‘He’s waking up!’ I heard someone yell. ‘Get him some water Finn.’ I jumped back in alert and then looked around the room I was in. The walls were made of brick and the door was just metal bars. A boy began pushing a glass of water towards my face and I stepped backwards again.

‘Drink it, it will make the pill side affects ware off a little quicker,’ the other boy with the water explained. I took the water nervously then sipped it. My eye sight was blurry and I couldn’t really tell what was around me and I also had a really bad headache.

‘Where am I?’ I managed to whisper as I put the cup of water on the concrete floor beside me. Both the guys shrugged.

‘We don’t know. A man took us not long ago and sent us here. I’m guessing you are someone from the palace but I’ve never seen you before,’ the boy who gave me the water spoke.

‘I only arrived this morning. I was friends with Geoffrey and Charles back in America,’ I replied.

‘You’ve seen our brother? Is he okay?’ the boy asked at matching times. I nodded my head slowly seeing as it gave me a really bad headache just to move. ‘Rosanne tricked us as well. She took us to the horse stables and then forced us into a car. Don’t worry though, I know that Geoffrey will come and get us eventually. He promised to look after us.’ I nodded. ‘What’s your name anyway?’ the other boy asked.

‘Jesse, what about you?’

‘I’m Julian and this is Finnley,’ the boy who didn’t give me the water introduced. ‘Wait a minute, are you Jesse Taylor? The person who kissed Prince Charles?’ Julian asked in shook. My cheeks went a pale shade of pink. ‘Prince Charles wouldn’t stop speaking about you when he came back from America,’ Julian continued.

‘He was speaking to Geoffrey about it and we just happened to be in his room at the same time and he didn’t notice us,’ Finnley added cheekily.

‘Don’t tell him we told you, we’re sworn to secrecy,’ Julian laughed. I didn’t understand how they could act so casual if though they were looking in a cell because they were friends with the royal family. I nodded then began playing with my red converse. ‘Did you come to Driftwood to see Prince Charles?’ Julian questioned.

‘Partly. I came to find my dad and to apologise to Charles.’

‘Prince Charles,’ Finnley corrected.

‘Sorry, I came to apologise to Prince Charles,’ I said exaggerating the “Prince” part. ‘What is going to happen to us now we are in here?’ I asked nervously.