The Finding

She stumbled and fell to the ground. Her pale hands were grazed, bleeding from many shallow cuts. Her knees the same, the fabric of her pants torn where she had continuously landed on the ground. Willow had gotten up each time to stumble on, this time was different; she lay there, panting, the world around her a blur. Her water and food supply had diminished long ago. "Maybe...maybe I'll just lay here for a bit" Willow muttered, which sounded more like "ma-ee...may-ee I juh- say 'ere 'or ah bit" She shook her head and spoke in her mind "No, get up Willow, c'mon!" She moved her hand until she found something to heave herself up, a rock. Willow slowly but surely stood up, she didn't feel much pain anymore, her whole body was numb. Her senses had faded but something told her that what she had just done wasn't right. Willow looked down at the rock. "Oh," She spoke, somewhat bewildered... It was a skull.

A Dragon Skull

The world started spinning, Willows backpack fell to the ground. She staggered to the left, then backwards, then she fell forwards. Willow, saw a shadow in her peripheral vision, assuming it was just her falling she paid no heed. Suddenly her face smashed against the cold, hard, unforgiving ground. The world went dark. It was like looking up at the starry night sky, black all above your head, with tiny glittering stars, so pretty. This time though, there are no stars just an inky blackness, fogging up her sight, her world. Willow now lay unconscious, her bag behind her and the skull off to her right. A figure stood behind her.

*****

The thick mass of tree's surrounded the pair as they... he, trudged forward with the girl in his arms. Willows backpack was slung around his shoulder and the skull was left behind, hollow, vacant eyes watching them leave. The figure reached another clearing, larger than the ones Willow had walked through. He placed her on the ground and searched through her backpack, before putting it down next to her. He noted the weapon and the empty water jugs. He started treating her, dripping fresh water slowly down her throat, that she swallowed gratefully. Still unconscious. He cleaned and treated her wounds, wrapping her hands and knees in soft fabric. He sat on a log opposite where he had laid her down and waited.

*****

Willow groaned. Suddenly her whole body was aching, great waves of pain driving through her body. She yelled out in pain and instantly the figure was at her side. She felt arms lift her and place her down again. When the spasm ended she had her eyes closed, furthermore she was breathing heavily. Then Willow realised. "How'd I get here, there was a shadow, arms lifted me...arms!" Her eyes shot open and her pale grey eyes stared up at the boy who held her. Willows first thought was, "oh no, they've caught me!" But when she saw the concern in his eyes, the thought was scrapped. "Your different." She remarked, bewildered even.

"Are you okay?!" The boy now asked her, followed by an onslaught of questions. "Where did you come from, who are you, what's your name, are you human, are you with the dragons, are you hungry, are you hurt?" The look on her face must've stopped him. "You said...dragons..?" He nodded, determined not to ask another question. Once again the world started spinning and her head fell back; Unable to support herself any longer. Willow's energy was drained, she was starving. The Boy put a hand under her head and held it upright, his hold was gentle yet firm. "Yes, he was different" She mused, before falling back into an unconscious-like sleep.