5: The Game Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Mhm." She nodded. A second later she came back with a box, setting it down and cutting it open.

"Ahhhhhhahhahhhhhhhaahhh!" Hinata gushed as he was given his Karasuno Volleyball Club jacket and pants, along with the other three newbies.

"I'm fairly certain I got the right sizes for you, let me know if you need replacements." Kiyoko told them, taking the box back now that they had gotten their stuff.

"Thanks!"

"Go ahead, why don't you try it on?" Sugawara suggested to Tsukishima.

"I can just try it on later-"

"Put it on bro!" Tanaka told him, leaving no room for argument. "Get over yourself, wouldcha!" After a bunch of "do it!" chants, he put the jacket on.

"On behalf of the Karasuno volleyball club," Daichi started, "Welcome!"

"To the team!" The rest of the volleyball club finished, all of them wearing their gear as well.

"You guys look so good!" I squealed, hugging my brother from behind.

"Hey get off! Weren't you gonna go hit some balls?!"

"Well yeah! Wanna set me some?"

"I thought Sugawara was gonna do that!"

"I wanna see if I can do that quick attack!"

"God I hate you Kazane."

"I know. Now let's go! Hinata, come join us!" I called as I dragged my twin with me. "Tanaka, if you aren't doing anything, can you toss it to Tobi pretty please?!"

"Ah sure, why not!" So he took the basket of balls with him, heading to the middle of the court. Once the two were in position, he tossed a ball to Tobio.

I did my approach, also closing my eyes so as to not look at the ball just to see if it would work for me. I swung, made contact with something, probably the ball, and then landed.

Everyone looked at me awe. "What? Was it bad?" I asked, frowning.

"No. That was not bad. Hinata's spike was bad compared to that-" Tanaka told me.

"Hey!" Said boy frowned, "it wasn't bad!"

"I have to agree, but my sister is good at everything so it's to be expected." Tobio sighed, rubbing his face as I grinned at him. "Don't go getting cocky on me, Kazane."

"Too late for that! Where did it land?!"

"Where it usually does, for you at least."

"Aaaaalriiiiiight!" I cheered.

"Well shit, looks like Shiratorizawa is gonna have an unstoppable girls team this year." Tanaka grinned.

"Shiratorizawa?!" Hinata, and everyone else asked in shock. Before anyone could say anything, the door burst open.

"Hey! We got it! We got something!" Some guy, probably a teacher, yelled, holding onto the wall with one hand as he showed a piece of paper in another. "A practice game," He panted, "with one of the area's top four, Aobajohsai high school!"

The third years seemed surprised at that fact, but Hinata seemed really excited. Tobio and I exchanged a look. "Aobajohsai, huh."

"Well now that gives me two excuses to go watch you guys!" I cheered. "Wait, scratch that."

"Oh, it's you two." The teacher guy smiled as he noticed them. "You must be Hinata and Kageyama, right?"

"Uhhh, who's that?" Hinata asked quietly.

"No idea." Tobio replied as the teacher dude walked over to them.

"I'm Ittetsu Takeda, your club advisor." He introduced himself. "I'm clueless about this game so I can't coach you on your technique, but I promise I'll help you guys out however I can, okay?" He explained enthusiastically.

"Hey! Nice to meet you Takeda!" I waved and smiled happily. The male smiled back.

"Hi! And you are?"

"I'm Kazane Kageyama!" I bowed politely, but he waved me back up.

"Please, there's no need for that! Its nice to meet you. Are you here to be the new manager next year?" Takeda asked.

"Pfftt, no. I'm just here cause my little bro had a game today and I wanted to support him!" I kissed my twin on the cheek, causing his face to light up.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT IN PUBLIC!" He shouted, wiping that cheek in disgust.

"You're too harsh muh dude! Can I have a kiss?" Tanaka made his move, to which I grinned.

"Sure!" I kissed his cheek and he practically melted on the spot.

"Oh god, there he goes." Daichi sighed.

~•~

After that little incident, Takeda explained what was going to happen at the practice game. Apparently they wanted Tobio to be the full-time setter. Both of us Kageyamas knew who was behind that: my little annoyance, Tooru Oikawa.

It was set though, plus no one else would play a practice game with them. I sighed, "Well, best of luck you guys."

"Thanks, see you later Kaz!" The team waved me off as I headed home so that the team could get in some reps without me there.

I smiled at the sky as I walked; I was happy with how my day had gone, and couldn't wait to start back up with practice tomorrow.