Kidnapping and Marriage

Kristy's POV

He is completely psychotic. I will bring him down even if it cost my life. He deserves to rot in a cell for the rest of his miserable life and I want to be the one to make that happen.

I could tell he was lying while answering my questions and that he was hiding something. Although when I said something about my cousin he seemed to know nothing about him. That would make sense seeing as his dad was still in charge back then.

That doesn't change my mind; however, on the fact that Mr. Cortes should be in jail. I still think that his business is disgusting with killing innocent people. I wouldn't doubt that he kills everyone who steps on his designer shoes.

"Porter come here," Chief John says tearing me away from my thoughts.

"Yes, Chief?" I say standing from my desk and walking into his office closing the door.

"Why did you go and question Mr. Cortes? He has nothing to do with the illegal activity going on," Chief says rubbing his face with his hands.

"Sir, I think I am on to something," I say trying to sound hopeful.

"Porter, you have been on to something since you became a detective. Nothing is going on and if you don't drop this mess with Mr. Cortes than I'm going to have to suspend you," he says and my eyes widen and my mouth drops.

"Sir, you can't do that!" I yell standing up.

"Porter remember your place," he says and I walk out the door slamming it shut. I quickly gather all my things and take them to my car. It was quite dark out since it was 8 pm. I had stayed late with trying to find just a smidge of evidence but nothing came up. Heading home in my black 2017 Mustang, I think about the possible things that I missed.

There's no way that Cortes didn't leave some type of evidence. There had to be something at the last crime scene. That's what I'll do, go to the last crime scene and look again in case someone missed something.

After a five minute drive, I get to the last crime scene. It was at a small apartment building. Walking quickly in I sneak past the front desk and up to the second-floor room 203 where the victim was murdered.

Looking around for a good 30 minutes still brings me empty-handed. I can't believe they didn't leave anything behind. It's as if they were ghosts and didn't leave any clues behind.

"Oh Ms. Porter, how I've waited so very long for this day," I hear from behind me as I was looking under the couch. I quickly stand and put my gun up to come face-to-face with Mr. Cortes and two men in black suits with what looked like AR-15s.

"Ms. Porter put the gun down," Cortes says but I don't. I shake my head and he snaps his fingers causing both of the big guys to raise their guns and come at me quickly knocking my gun out of my hands.

"Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way whichever you prefer Kristy," Cortes says snapping his fingers again and both the guys put their guns to my head.

"Okay, easy way just don't shoot," I say trying to come up with a smart plan so I don't get shot or kidnapped.

"Good, put your guns down," Cortes says and comes over to me grabbing my wrist roughly.

"Just let me go and I won't say anything," I say trying to reason with a murderer. Note to self that's a bad idea Kristy.

"Funny because last time I checked, you wanted me to rot in jail," Cortes says laughing tightening his grip on my wrist.

"Of course not. Did I ever tell you that you're my favorite murderer?" I spit at him and he smirks.

"No, try telling me when you've got a bullet in your head," he says and his two goons laugh at that. Where in the hell are we even going? We've been walking down the abandoned alleyways for like five minutes.

"Funny, where are we going?" I say and a car comes into view.

"Well I thought you could be of some use to me," Cortes says not even answering my question as he pushes me into the back seat of the car. He sits next to me and his goons sit in the front, one of them starting the car and heading down the highway.

"That didn't answer my question," I say reaching into my back pocket looking for my phone when I remembered that I left in my car.

"You'll see. Although, I don't think you'll like it very much," he says laughing. This is ridiculous. He's acting so immature about this, even if he's about to kill me.

"I'm not going to kill you, yet," he says pulling out his phone to do god knows what.

"What do you want from me?" I ask staring out the window.

"I'm going to make you marry me whether you like it or not," he says and I whip my head around so fast I think I got whiplash.

"I will be doing nothing of the sort!" I yell glaring at him.

"Then I kill you. It's very simple. You pretend to be my wife or I put a bullet in that pretty little head of yours," Cortes says staring at me emotionless. Well it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice, but that doesn't mean that I will just give in to his demands.