"Actually, I bought a casserole from the restaurant back in town and I was hoping that... maybe we can share?" Erwin offered sheepishly.

"A casserole?" Levi paused from his work and properly look up at Erwin.

"Ah, yes. The lady was really nice she gave me too much for me to eat."

Levi gave it a deep thought. It's really nice though, they will have free food for their first day. Maybe Erwin is not that bad after all. "Thank you, Erwin, I'll inform Eren about so that he'll heat it."

"Great!"

"What's great?" Eren asked as he approached them, a pile of firewood in his arms.

"Erwin is sharing his casserole with us," Levi informed as he goes back to work. "Please heat it, I'll set out beds."

"Thanks, Erwin! That's nice of you!"

"Oh, please. It's my pleasure. Let me help you," Erwin offered this time, Eren accepted it wholeheartedly.

As the fire started burning and the casserole gradually heats up, Erwin pulled out his blanket and set it near the fire for them to sit on. By the time both Alpha settled on the blanket, the stars appeared in the sky.

"Today's travel went so well, right?" Eren started as he gets comfortable in the blanket. "We covered a few miles."

"Right." Erwin agreed. He took a glance at the raven Omega who is busy setting up their beds, then he turned to the brunette. "Eren, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Eren shrugged.

"I heard from Isabelle that you and your mate eloped. Is that true?"

"It wasn't my decision. Levi chooses to follow me. I didn't force him instead, I gave him a choice but you can say that" Eren confirmed.

"What does it feel like?"

"You got to be specific there Erwin."

"I mean, ever since I was a child," Erwin looked up at the starry night. "I always followed the rules and when I grew up I served the law. What is it like to break it?"

Eren blinked at him. Surprised that all of the topics, that's what he is thinking about. But to be fair, it is obvious how obedient the blonde Alpha is. "Well, honestly, it is very thrilling."

"How so?" Erwin asked curiously.

"Because it makes you feel... free." Eren pondered. "It's alright to be selfish sometimes. You know, Levi grew up with strict parents. He's been following his parents ever since, he's doing it for his parents but this time, he decided to break their rules because..." Eren glanced at his mate, ever so lovingly. "Because he decided to choose himself."

"I see..." Erwin whispered. "Eren, when you said that, I hope you'll understand what I'm going to say... You know man to man talk-something like that..."

"Alright?"

"Perhaps Levi already told you that I'm traveling to the west because..."

"You are going to visit the entertainment house," Eren smirked, making the blonde Alpha panic with his face turning red. Levi already told him before they left the town that there is a possibility that Erwin is going on Eren's childhood town.

"Well, yeah... You see... Ummm... I don't have a mate... and I was thinking that I'm missing out... so, you know..." Erwin mumbled.

"Erwin, look. I understand. You shouldn't be ashamed of it. Let's just say, that is a reward for yourself," Eren suggested. He completely understood the blonde, before he met Levi and in his younger years, Eren had fun. A lot. One night stands, hookups, flirting with every consort. It was fun and all but he only felt loved and wanted with Levi. Even with all the Omegas, Betas, and sometimes Alphas that Eren slept with, none of them will ever tie-up with his mate.

"Right, it's okay to be selfish," Erwin inhaled.

"That's the spirit." Eren cheered.

"What did I miss?" Levi approached and fell right next to the brunette.

"Tried?" Eren asked as he wrapped the raven in his arms.

"Yes," Levi sighed. What took his energy the most is listening to fucking Erwin's life story.

"How about let's eat," Erwin suggested.

"Yes please!" Eren cheered. Letting go of the raven, he helped the blonde with the food.

Levi inhaled as he watched the two work together. It was strange to see archenemies worked together without the latter knew who he is interacting with but seeing Erwin comfortable with Eren's presence makes Levi think that this might work out. Upon observation, Eren seems genuinely friendly with Erwin.

But one thing for sure that Levi learned a long time ago. No secret has not been revealed. If that's so, then the Omega prayed that it won't happen too soon.

------

Feel free to support me on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/zerozaki_zen
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ