Collectively, a group of very familiar-looking people praised her return as they stepped inside. As predicted someone did jump out to scare her and it was Mia, who happened to get caught at the wrong time eating, yet she improvised. It was absolutely hilarious to have witnessed that instead of her being surprised by them, the very woman who planned it, flinched when they yelled the phrase, Brie eventually clutched her chest from the shock. There were way more people than she invited— both of her brothers were there, even Trish and Chris were present. Gazing her dead in the eyes, Raye chuckled, shaking her head before going over to the handsome group of people and hugging each of them, while whispering a thank you in their ears for the love and the support during her time in the hospital.

Brie went around to her sister, whispering to her.

"How did you get all of them here?" She asked looking over to both her brothers, hell even her parents.
"I didn't do it, " Cassie replied, and her sister could see the honesty behind her words.

"Maybe mom and dad did, "

"Maybe, " Brie says, observing as everyone took their time in hugging the slender framed girl who greeted them. Luca and his sons, along with Christopher and her brothers had all been found sipping on liquor and truly she wanted to know what in heavens name was happening. She'd only invited a few people to say hello and then to leave so she could have alone time with her woman, yet there seemed to be a mini-celebration she had no notion of.

When Craig had made eye contact with her though, he smiled innocently before approaching.
"Before you say anything, I didn't come alone. These guys brought me over." He ushered to Elia and Gabriele.

"I'm glad you came." She says with a smile, rubbing her brother's shoulder. "Raye seems to like you more than most people, so it's nice seeing you come by for her. "

The older guy laughed, his one-sided dimple protruded and Brie was more than happy to see him well and safe.
"It's because she knows I'm a gangster too, " he whispered and as Brie kept eyes onto the shorter fella, she chuckled in response.

"I'd like to believe that you're right, "

"Hey, I'm just happy she's home though. I know how hard this must have been for both of you, "

"It was super hard." She'd slipped her eyes shut for a second reminiscing on how hectic and emotionally exhausting the back and forth motion to the hospital was. Seeing Raye in such a state was her worst nightmare turned into reality. She was more than happy it was over. Though, at the back of her mind, she felt this little tingle of anxiety that it could happen again. For a moment, her thoughts were plagued by the unpleasantness, but she was pulled from it, by her brother's rather distinct voice.

"Yeah, but it's over now, she's home. " 
Bran snuck over to say, wiggling his thick brows at his younger sister who turned her focus onto him. She rolled her eyes, sensing the annoyance that was going to come her way, having been in the same room with her brothers.

"I'm surprised they were able to fish you out of whatever hole you usually hide in."

"You know I'd do anything to be there by your side to irritate every last one of your nerve."

"Of course," Brienna smiled, casting her eyes at her friends. They were all miraculously there except for Ava. She was a little upset because of the girl's obvious avoidance of them all but did her best to ignore it. She decided to go over to meet her friends, while also keeping an eye on Raye who was huddled around her parents.

"So good to see that you're okay," Celeste says, sharing a warm smile to the much taller girl that stood in front of her. Her smile was equally as warm with hazel eyes that bore down onto her. Her slender face looked healthier, happier now that she'd finally made it home again.

"It really meant a lot that you were there for me," Raye answers, observing both of Brienna's parent's. "Both of you actually." The way the two people had stuck up for her despite her past made her feel like she didn't deserve it, due to her past. They knew who she was and what she did yet they gave her a chance to prove herself and with time she did. Now, they treated her like family, as if she was their own and that was something she'd never, ever forget. But sometimes she didn't feel like she deserved it.

"If I could find these bastards myself, I would." Brian finally replies and she chuckled. Little did he know that they were already found, only to never be found again.
Celeste had been completely taken aback by what her husband had said, and had torn her gaze away from the girl to glare at him.

"What?" She asked and together both Raye and the man laughed.
Though she wanted to stick around to hear them bicker playfully among each other, she had a plan to follow through with. Politely, excusing herself to stand beside uncle, Luca stood looking on with a pleased look on his face. A glass of bourbon in on hand, the other tuck deep into his left pocket he grinned as she neared.

"You have a lot of people who care for you doll, and this is just a small percentage to show, " he says when she was in earshot.

"I know. I'm humbled by it," she answers, walking with the man who led them away from the mingling crowd.
He was the only one besides his niece who actually knew why they were there, he was the one to orchestrate their travel anyway. He'd been able to successfully persuade them all to come, but one.

"Did you bring it?" She asks, unable to wait any longer. With a soft chuckle the man pulled out his arm from his pocket to reveal a soft black velvet looking box and right that instant, without even seeing the ring, Raye's heart swooned.
She felt giddy, so, so giddy. She carefully took the ring from her uncle's grasp to avoid prying eyes. Within her hand, it felt legit. The timing felt perfect and she could already tell that the ring was perfect.

Placing it into her jacket, she looked over at Luca who arched a brow.
"Arent you going to take a peak?"

Raye shook her head, she wanted to wait because Brienna's reaction was all she wanted to see.
"I'll see it when it's on her finger,"

The older man laughed, his sonorous voice resonating deep within the air. It mingled with the rest of the voices that chattered among them.
"Who knew romantic you was so," he trailed off.

"Soft?" she asks and laughs too.

"Yeah." Luca keeps his smile, also placing a hand onto the girl's shoulder, looking her deep in the eyes.
"I'm glad you're finally doing this. Love like this is so rare to find and not just from the girl,"

Raye knew exactly what he meant. Never before had she met people in the world who accepted her for who she was and not what she'd done.
That kind of thing was as rare as it could get.

A/n

I'm bout to cry 🥺