OC for An Avatar Last Airbender Inspired roleplay

Start from the beginning

Personality: Akenoshin is naturally an introvert, reserved and withdrawn, preferring to socialise in small snippets as it tends to weary him. When talking about the topics he enjoys, he will talk for some time, and quite quickly due to enthusiasm and passion. When he finds interest in something, he tends to become very passionate and keen. However, whatever the social event is, whether a party or just a talk with a friend, Akenoshin will almost always feel varying amounts of weariness after. He's sensitive, to noises, to visual details, to human emotions, to his own self-consciousness, so he becomes overwhelmed easily, which is a factor as to why he must have solitude and some alone time to recuperate from the excitement and bustle of society and socialising.
Perhaps due to sensitive hearing, Akenoshin dislikes too much noise. Fireworks and such are fine, he finds them exciting. But some noises are his biggest pet peeves, such as people eating, snoring, incessant talking, voices he finds grating, the sound of crockery, and high pitched noises tend to make him flinch. Due to anxiety and irrational strains of paranoia, Akenoshin might be naturally highly sensitive to his surroundings, and he is easily startled, almost always on edge. Even when tipsy (it's not often) he still has some sense and a capability to think. Akenoshin relies heavily upon his mind, and when his mind is clouded, either by illness or panic, he will become distressed.
Akenoshin really dislikes showing weakness in public, and only allows himself to cry when alone, or when he's with somebody very close to him. He isn't certain why he abhors weakness so much, but it might be because he was so anxious in his early years, and that felt like incapacitating weakness. At times, he couldn't even leave the house, due to his panic. Perhaps, if he feels weak, he is reminded of how helpless he was in his childhood, and to some extent he still is. He isn't exactly afraid of talking about his weaknesses and flaws, but he doesn't like showing them. He also dislikes conveying weakness, as its humiliating, and he has high levels of self consciousness. Also, he doesn't want people being overly sympathetic and coddling when he's anxious, hurt, or unwell, as it makes the situation feel so much more worse for him.
Akenoshin is naturally intelligent, and thirsts for wisdom and information. He enjoys learning about new topics, and tends to be highly interested in remembering new facts. He's also analytical, and logical, criticising aspects of life. He is highly creative and artistic, and whilst entertaining himself with fantasies, he doesn't allow these fantasies to cloud his thinking in everyday real life situations. Akenoshin is observant and perceptive, due to his sensitivity to his surroundings, and he likes to make deductions, as its a form of entertainment, and can assist him in calming down if he's worried.
Akenoshin may appear aloof and detached, usually due to his withdrawn manner and pensive frown. Consequently, he doesn't have many friends. Despite that outward facade, Akenoshin is caring, and really tries to lead a good and helpful life, giving money to beggars and advice to people who require it. However, his thoughts can be his downfall, and severely lower his confidence. At times, his thoughts can be violent, murderous, strange, and unnerving for him. He knows that he will never go through with them, but just the mere thoughts cause him to believe that he's bad due to them being there in the first place. At times he believes that this is caused due to him having inherited some of his mother's psychotic tendencies. But Akenoshin will try to act good, though he might shield himself from feeling too many emotions. When hearing that something bad has happened, Akenoshin tends to react with sympathy, interest, then nothing much else. If things are very bad, he will acknowledge the issue, and try to rectify it, but he usually becomes more distant, and will behave in a light manner: it's a coping mechanism.
Next, Akenoshin sometimes really hates being told what to do, and being controlled. He will sometimes listen to a demand or request, especially from somebody close to him, but he might be grudging, and complain privately within his mind whilst completing it. He thinks this might be due to him having been partially controlled by his mother at an early age. She controlled many aspects of his life, and when he begun criticising her behaviour, she guilt tripped, argued, and caused him emotional damage. Eventually he broke free, but still hates being controlled, perhaps because it reminds him of how his mother once controlled him by toying with his emotions.
Akenoshin attempts to remain strong and detached from personal issues, yet he fails miserably, and tends to hurt within a lot, though he might suppress it. He's highly introspective, and tends to reflect upon his behaviour, thoughts, and actions. He likes to deduce how people, and himself, act, and tries to find the cause of it. Finding the cause for his behaviour or feelings calms him down. It makes the situation less ominous.

Fears/weaknesses: He fears death. Death, to him, is unpredictable, and could occur at any time, due to any reason. He finds the concept ominous, that one could die at any moment, by anything. He doesn't want his death to be painful. He also knows that his father would not survive the grief if he died whilst his father still lived.
He fears the death of his loved ones, because as an introvert, he doesn't possess many friends, and his family is relatively small, so losing them would be utterly devastating.
He really fears the death of his father, though sometimes he thinks about it in great detail, maybe to reenact how he might behave and cope in the situation. It is inevitable, and his father is old. His father is the only family member who accepts him for who he is, and Akenoshin doesn't want to lose that.
Akenoshin is terrified of losing the ability to move, to have one's body literally uncontrollable, like a puppet with its strings cut. To be trapped within one's unmoving body, is terrifying for him.
He fears illness, for his anxiety always causes him to imagine that he is more ill than he is, and illness is generally just unpleasant. Also, he doesn't want to pass an illness to his ageing father.
He's also terrified of earthquakes, having experienced quite a large one once.
His main weakness is his reserved attitude. He finds is hard to function within streets and such, due to his high levels of self consciousness. This can lead to him avoiding going out altogether. He's fine when with his father though. When alone, Akenoshin has more time to think and worry.
He's also physically very inferior, and doesn't have much stamina, so he avoids hand to hand combat for he would easily be beaten.
He's prone to psychosomatic pains, which can be unpleasant.
He also has respiratory sinus arrhythmia, which can be a hindrance when he's trying to breathe in order to calm himself. Also, his heartbeat is naturally quite fast compared to, for example, his sister's, and the rapid pounding can sometimes unnerve him after he's performed a strenuous or exerting task.

Strengths: His intelligence is something he relies upon a lot, and he cherishes it too. He's observant and perceptive, analytical and logical. He tends to think before speaking or acting, and usually isn't brash or hot headed. He prefers a more collected approach. However, he is of course capable of losing his temper.
He's also good with grammar and literature.
He's fast and agile, which is an asset.
Akenoshin's water bending is also very advanced, as he received a good education, and practiced a lot. He was not born naturally gifted, but he was interested in the ability, and wished to master it, to see just what water bending was capable of. He also knew that it would be a wonderful defence mechanism when required. He finds water beautiful, yet deadly, so sometimes his water bending might resemble the forms of animals, and that can be breath taking. He loves animals, and he taught himself to manipulate water into the shape of various animals. However, he doesn't only use water bending for pleasure or entertainment. When fighting, Akenoshin tends to reply upon changing water's temperature, either freezing it, or boiling it. He possesses the innate ability to heat water with ease, due to his father being a fire bender

Family: His mother is Tihiya, a water bender from the northern water tribe
His father is Riwon, a fire bender from the fire nation
His younger sister is Mimya, a fire bender who was born in the northern water tribe

Other: To be developed and explained in the roleplay