ICHI

Michael

"I thought you were dead

"I thought you were dead." I yelled, keeping a good amount of distance between us.

I watched him look between Marlon and Randy, who stood puzzled, before taking a couple steps closer to me. "Can we talk... privately?" He suggested, making me frown.

"Do you want us to wait for you?" Marlon asked, looking suspicious about what was happening.

"Oh, were you guys headed somewhere?" Donny asked as he stuffed his hands in his jean pockets.

"Yeah. Headed to see our friend Daisy. She's in jail." Randy spoke obliviously as he got in the car.

"So I've heard." Donny mumbled as he looked down and shook his head.

"How about you promise us you'll come next time." Marlon continued.

"Yeah Mike. Daisy isn't going anywhere. Let's talk." Donny gave me a pleading smile.

I'm still in disbelief that he's even alive... what happened to him?

"Fine." I nodded.

•••••

"Is it really necessary for you to have your security guard hovering right now?" Donny spoke as he shuffled in the the loveseat in front of me uncomfortably.

I glanced at Bill who stood in the hallway, before looking back in Donny's direction.

"Well, saying the last talk we had, you tried to kill me..." I raised an eyebrow at him, making him sigh.

"I've changed." He mumbled.

I frowned. "What happened to you?" I whispered as I leaned forward, truly interested.

"Well... I don't remember much after lighting the fire... sorry for that by the way." He gave me a nervous smile making me scoff. "But I was told I flatlined."

Because of Daisy.. but he didn't need to know that.

"They revived me right away. Then when I recovered, my mom and dad sent me to a mental institution for a year because they found out I started the house fire."

I sighed and sat back, letting everything he told me sink in.

"They just released me a week ago." He mumbled.