Aquamarine's Adventures

The time was era 1. The Diamonds, unique in their flawlessness and strength, were colonizing many planets. Gems were popping out of the massive homeworld kindergartens, with the resources being plentiful. Many gems were produced during this time, all with a job to do. Lapis Lazulis terraformed planets, while quartzs stood guard. Back in era 1, Aquamarines were aristocratic gems, much like Sapphires. They were medium height and slender, with a build much like pearls. 

During this era of prosperity, Aquamarine emerged. She was assigned her own Quartz guards, and even a Pearl. Unlike Sapphires, Aquamarines had the power to bend water, making them even more valuable. She was ushered to the court of the elegant Blue Diamond, where she was used for her sharp intellect, as well as being sent to colonies and coming back with all the information that Blue Diamond desired. She was, for lack of a better term, a puppet. She did everything that Blue Diamond asked of her. Well, up until she saw the fusion of a Ruby and a Sapphire. Aquamarine's guards were poofed in the chaos, but once the panic died down, Aquamarine thought for a moment. She had never seen a fusion of any gems, well, besides Rubies fusing with Rubies, but a Sapphire? Could she do that too? Surely she could, if a Sapphire could.

While on her next assignment with her Pearl, Aquamarine pulled her to the side. "Pearl, do you remember that fusion we saw?" She asked. The light blue Pearl nodded, "Of course I do, my Aquamarine." She said, her voice soft and delicate. Aquamarine gave her a small smile, holding her hand out. Pearl took her hand, as they began to dance. 

Next thing they knew, they were fusing. Their fusion opened her eyes and gasped. "I-I'm sorry!" She said quickly, the Pearl's half talking. The fusion then hugged herself and smiled, a blush on her cheeks. "I'm- Kyanite..." Kyanite said. Suddenly, she heard footsteps approach, and the gasps of gems followed. Kyanite immediately unfused, and within seconds, the Pearl was... shattered. Aquamarine saw the shards on the ground and teared up, swelling with anger. Her gem began to glow as a sword appeared in her hand. She poofed the gems, bubbled the shards, and escaped. She hid in a cave on the planet, hugging the blue bubble. "I will fight for you, Pearl." She said, popping the bubble and piecing the shards back together. She let a bit of her tears fall onto the gem. they ran through the cracks, as more began to fall. 

Years on years went by, and Aquamarine was discovered by the crystal gems, and recruited. However, her main goal was to fix her Pearl. After Steven Universe learned of his heritage, he was able to heal her Pearl. They are now permanently fused as Kyanite.