Chapter 5

"Previously (for context): "Sorry, Ladybug but I would rather not talk about this now. Let's get to work." Chat's eye danced around in every place but me, clearly avoiding eye contact. Had he really taken my rejection that seriously? I have told him before that I didn't like him, so why was he so affected by it now? Before I could finish my thought, Lady Wifi came charging through, throwing the pink disks directly at us.

<<<<< Marinette's Perspective >>>>>

Her cackle sent shivers down my spine, as I feared that defeating her this time would be more difficult than in the past. "Well, Ladybug, Chat Noir. It seems that your life is about to come to a pause." Then I saw her surround me with several other identical versions of her, except for the hair. Obviously, they were under control of HawkMoth. I glanced all around me. We were surrounded. I could recognize several people from my class. Juleka, Kim, Chloe, and others. If my heart wasn't already beating fast, it was now. But I obviously couldn't do anything about it. I prepared myself for the attack, unsure of how I could fight them off any longer.

Lady Wifi started to speak again, looking down at her nails. "Unless, of course, you hand over your miraculous," she wagered. I pretended to think about it and asked to discuss it with Cat Noir.

"Chat, I have an idea, but you need to trust me," I whispered to him.

Even though Chat was clearly angry at me, he was still engaged in the problem that was before us. "Whatever you say m'la - I mean, Ladybug."

"Okay, here's the plan. Distract them so I can summon my... you know what. I can't say it out loud or else I'll accidentally summon it. While I figure out how to use it, use your cataclysm to fight them off! Alright?"

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go!" He then turned around and began to make....puns? I face palmed. That was definitely not what I meant when I said to distract them. But that's Chat for you, folks.

"Luckyyyy Charm!" I yelled out. In a flash of pink and white, a screwdriver appeared in my hand. What was I supposed to do with this? I didn't see anything that could help me in this situation. I could see that Lady Wifi and her servants were getting more and more inpatient, so I had to connect the dots fast. I snapped my fingers. That was it! Disconnect the wifi! "Wait a minute! I know what to do with this!"

"Great, because I can't hold back any longer! Hurry up and go, I'll hold them back," he yelled, starting to swing his baton at the villains as a shield, to protect him from all the pause button disks. I flung my yoyo at the ceiling, attaching it to the lights above, and I swung from light to light trying to get to the roof, where the wifi could be disconnected. Behind me I could feel some of the villains chase me. Directly ahead of me was an elevator, into which I swung in and rapidly pushed the "close doors'' button. The doors closed just as a disk came flinging at me. A wave of relief washed over me and I let out a long sigh. Now all I had to do was unscrew the connection box and get back before I de-transformed into Marinette. A little ding let me know that I was at the top, and the doors opened. Immediately I saw the little black box and sprinted towards it to disconnect it. I unscrewed it without any problems and took the elevator back down, to which all the villains froze in motion and looked glitchy, except for the Lady Wifi. Chat Noir looked exhausted, but relieved. He took Lady Wifi's akumatized glasses and handed them to me which I snapped in half.

"No more evil doing for you little Akuma," I said as I captured the purple bug with my yoyo. "Bye-bye little butterfly!"

"Pound it?" I said, facing Cat Noir. He looked hesitant but he eventually gave in and fist bumped me.

"Pound it!" both of us yelled. Immediately after, however, Cat Noir's face returned to a glum look. He leaped away with his baton and I followed him to the top of the school roof. Something was definitely wrong.

Hey y'all, sorry this chapter's super short, but next one will be a little longer!

Votes and comments very much appreciated :)

Also I wanted to make my schedule clear: I will be updating a new chapter to my story every 2 days. I'm not sure how many chapters there will be but likely about 10 (maybe more). 

See you all next chapter, thanks for reading!!