"Because if I had the choice, I would have married you. That day when we were by the docks I was prepared to take you with me to Dorne." Oberyn answered, not meeting her eyes as he laid his feelings bare for her.

Livia had been silent, making him recount his words but then she replied. "I've always wanted to visit Dorne."

They laughed at that, the air becoming easy between them but he had to know. "If I asked you right now, would you run away with me? To Dorne. You and I, with Elia, we can swim in the gardens every day and drink wine all night, just the three of us, happy."

She frowned and he knew what she would say. "Oberyn, you know why we can't. It's...It's not just about us. We can't be selfish and I-I can't, we'd be hurting other people if we're selfish."

Oberyn smiled, answering. "I knew you wouldn't. You care too much. Sometimes I wonder if that is your fatal flaw. How you care so much about other people."

Livia stood up at that, going over to him and laying a kiss on his head. "Good night Oberyn. It's late, you should go to bed."

When she had gone and left, Oberyn sat alone still nursing the Dornish red. He whispered to no one in particular.

"I love you, Livia Lannister, and one day, I will save you."

He folded the letter in his hands and called a messenger, looking at the view of the gardens in front of him.

When the messenger arrived, Oberyn commanded. "Make sure this gets to Livia Lannister."

The messenger made a mistake by asking. "Did you mean Queen Livia Baratheon, my prince?"

Oberyn turned to him with a glare until the messenger received the warning without Oberyn saying a single word. "Yes, my prince."

The messenger left, leaving Oberyn with his thoughts once again. 

He found himself whispering almost the same words he spoke then.

"I love you, Livia Lannister, and one day, you will be mine, even if I have to burn King's Landing to the ground."

°•°•°•°•°•°

Livia had been having a slightly good day. 

She woke up early in the morning, still no sign of Robert, and called for her ladies.

They proceeded to tell her all the courtly gossip whilst breaking their fast with her. 

They were lucky to have a new delivery of fresh apples, and the cooks made pastries with apple jam. The apple pastries with the sweet tea were a delicious start to her day.

Afterward, they took a walk in the gardens, joking and laughing. They dined on lamprey pies, so fresh and juicy, the lampreys could have been alive that very morning.

She and her ladies had been planning on staying in the gardens to watch the sunset in peace when Lord Arryn interrupted their conversation.

"Your Grace." He greeted, bowing to her.

"Lord Arryn, what have you been doing?" Livia asked, looking worriedly at the poor man who looked out of breath.

"I-I had been at the council meeting, my queen." Lord Arryn answered, breathing heavily.

Oh. So that would mean Robert was here. If the council meeting was going on, then the king had probably returned and would be there.