Truth In Loneliness

I curved my lips into a wide smile, as I held the recommendation letter to my chest.

I was being directed to a firm instantaneously and at such a young age? I'll make history.

"I have to tell Jennie." I thought. But then, I sighed as my smile began fading. "Right." I then lightly chuckled  to myself. "I can't. We're supposed to stay away from each other. And I'm not going to be the first cave." I then shook my head, standing to my statement. "Nope. Not me."

My smile widened, as I then remembered the words in the letter.

Change the world. We need lawyers like you, and I want you to start now. There's no time like the present.

He did have a point, and I was more than eager to begin my journey...

I ended up spending the day fixing up the house and then shopping in the avenues. I stumbled upon a rather cute necklace that actually had Jennie's name on it. I smiled, as I grabbed the necklace, and lightly brushed my thumb over the print, thinking about her. Of course, I had to buy it.

The more that time had passed by, during the day, the more I began to miss Jennie's presence. And I realized just how much I needed to see her. It also made me remember about 2 years we were separated.

Was this the same feeling? Did I feel the same pain in my heart that I did then?

And...for 2 years?

It was crazy to think how one person could have my every attention and concern so naturally and so willingly. It was crazy how I felt about her, how I would do anything for her, without thinking twice.

"Why did I come up with this challenge again?" I thought, out loud. There was no reason to willingly allow myself to feel this way, when Jennie is still around, and when I knew where I could find her.

I had decided to take a walk down the streets in the main city, to clear my thoughts. Being outside, especially in a busy and lively environment like this seemed to help me do just that.

I breathed in the fresh air, smiling, as I rested my hands in my pockets. I listened to the music from my phone, as I watched as many others were doing the same thing I was doing, walking. They seemed to enjoy being out here, rather than stuck in a house, like I did. Or maybe, they were lost in their thoughts...

"Hey."

I arched a brow and pulled the ear plugs that were in my ears, as I stared at the man who had seemingly greeted me.

"Hi?" my response turned more into a question.

"Don't worry. I am not here to hit on you."

"Oh, that's nice."

His face went pale, as his hands then went spastic. "No, no. That came off wrong. I mean, you're a really pretty girl, but I am into other men... and I am not the type of guy to-to impose on a female... or male, not to single out a gender. It's just-"

"It's okay." I smiled. "I didn't assume as much."

He let out a sigh, before returning my smile, relieved.

I learned that his name was Seokjin, and Seokjin had an interesting story to tell. We had a very nice discussion. Well, really he needed someone to talk to, because he left as though his life was falling apart.

But surprisingly, listening to that man that night had given me insight on what I should do with my current predicament. And the fact was, Seokjin and I were struggling with the same thing...

"When Namjoon and I were together, it felt amazing. Just being near him would please me." Seokjin said, smiling. "And whenever he would talk about Politics, his face would light up, giving him a brilliant glow. He was beaming, and I would always kill to see that look on him."