Stormy Night

I heard the rain drop from the clouds onto the pavement, as I stared at the window, from my bed. It was strangely comforting to hear the sound of the rain. It was like a cleanse. It was just a light drizzle though, so it was nothing alarming or anything. It was nothing to be scared of.

After admiring the rain for about half an hour, I decided that I needed to rest. Tomorrow was going to be a big day for me, because Jennie promised me that she would take me to her work for the day, and show me how the cameras work. I basically get to see her filming famous actors and actresses making their movies, before they even get out, which is super exciting. But more so, I get to watch her act as well.

I then shut out everything, and tuned into the rain, as my eyes lowered. Every drop pulled me closer into my sleep, and every drop made me feel more and more relaxed.

I felt my lips curve into a smile, as I wrapped my arms around my teddy bear, imagining it to be Jennie. "Hmm." I mumbled in my sleep, my eyes still closed but loosening a bit.

I felt the teddy bear suddenly return my embrace, and it was strangely warm and...inviting, so I tightened my grip on Mr. Cuddles.

I then felt a gentle kiss on my cheek, which sent chills down my spine. Jennie, you just kissed me.

My eyes slowly began to open, and the figure began to be visible to me. It really was Jennie, and not my teddy bear. Oh gosh! What did I just do? I'm letting my emotions get to me again. I'm being such an overly-affectionate friend. But wait!

Realization struck me.

She kissed me. My only crime was embracing her.

And in that very moment, something came over. It was as if I was in a trance, a spell. Jennie faced the other direction, as my arms stayed locked onto her waist. "I know she's awake." I thought to myself. "Why is she trying to pose as if she's sleeping? To fool me? Is she only messing with me?"

I slowly released my grip on her slim body, and marveled over her beautiful figure. Like I said before, it was as if I was under her spell, and I didn't know how I felt about that just then. I watched as she 'slept' and once she squirmed around, still facing the opposite direction, my heart beat fastened. She was always so cute when she squirmed around. But this...it was too much.

I slowly raised my covers. I wasn't sure exactly if she was awake or not, but I didn't want to risk the possibility actually waking her up, so I thought to be cautious. I then walked into the kitchen and lifted my arm, reaching for a glass. "Water will help clear my mind and help me fall asleep." I thought.

Suddenly, I heard rain drops pouring harshly outside, and I almost jumped when something soft grazed my hand.

"Can you get me a glass as well?" I heard a gentle and seductive voice behind me, as I felt her breath close to my ear. I felt my body stiffen, as I realized Jennie was behind me. What game as she playing at?

"S-sure." I stuttered.

Though I couldn't see her smiling, I felt it. I felt her sinister smile, and it sent chills down my spine, electrifying ever ounce of courage that I possibly had. I was so embarrassed.

The whole night made me quiver and left me with so many questions that jeopardized everything. I was straight. She was... straight? At least, I thought she was. All of the boys in high school fell over heels for her. But that didn't necessarily mean she was straight. It just met she was very attractive in all of their eyes. I don't blame them for liking her. The only person I blamed was myself. I felt like I was betraying her in a way. She looked into my eyes and summoned my friendship. She was counting on me to be a friend to her. Yet...