The Storm Inside

"Turn towards me and loosen up your shoulders." I watched as Jennie took a few photo of the girl who played the in Don't Run From Me.

"Such a creepy title. It makes me want to do just that." I thought, laughing in my head.

The girl nodded as she loosened her body, looking less stiff and more playful. "How's that?"

"Better." Jennie assured. "Now give me a wink."

Shots sounded in the air as the girl did different poses. Jennie was the director of this film but she also played Lia's the main character's, best friend. But right now, she had to take photos for the cover of the movie. The girl before me was playing Lia, the beautiful rich girl who secretly stalked her prey, which so happened to be the love of her life.

It was a quite an interesting story actually. Lia could get whoever she wanted because of her magnet like beauty, which attracted everyone, yet she was fixated on one particular person...a woman. And this woman, Iris, was oblivious to her friends fascination with her. All she could see, or was willing to see, was Lia's awkwardness and strange actions or behaviors around her. She had no clue, which me sad for her, though she was only a fictional  character.

"Does Lia ever tell Iris how she feels? Does Iris ever notice?" I suddenly asked as Jennie continued her shots.

"No." she answered.

I frowned at her response. "Why does she never say anything? It's just hurting her." Ironic enough, though, I could compare myself to Lia in a way. Liking someone but never having the courage to speak up about it. And like Lia's heart, mine ached.

"Because..." she looked at me as if warning me about something. "Just because she has those urges, doesn't mean she could act on them." her eyes quickly shifted from looking into my eyes and back into the lense of the camera.

"But what if Iris actually liked her back? What if the feeling was mutual, yet they both were to cowardly to confess it to one another?"

"That wouldn't happen." she almost immediately snapped back at me. It caught me off guard. Was this conversation actually upsetting her?

"I think it might."

"It wouldn't."

The rest of the camera crew, along with the actors, stared at us, some smirking.

"Why not?" I dared to ask.

Jennie looked at me with regretful eyes, as if dreading that she ever invited me to join her today.

My eyes frowned as I looked away from her. This was really upsetting me. All of these stupid unrequited feelings. I just wanted to go. I had no reason being here anymore. She showed me how the cameras worked already. I got to see the actors. I thought there's nothing more for me to see there. "Nevermind. Forget it." I said rushing out of the building and onto the hard concrete side walk. I gasp for air as I tried catching my breath.

"Who was she?" someone came up to Jennie and asked.

"My best friend." she sighed as she continued fixing up her camera for the upcoming scene.

"Then why are you still here?" the man questioned. "Go to her."

----------

I could hear footsteps behind me, but I didn't look back at who was approaching me. You'd only do that due to uncertainty. But I knew who it was.

"Jisoo." she spoke in her soft caring voice.

My eyes lowered as I stared at the concrete below me. I was curled up into a ball, not wanting to be forced out of it. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to have to move. But most of all, I didn't want Jennie looking at me like this, with her worried eyes. I was in such an unattractive state, and it embarrassed me. It embarrassed me that I was getting all worked up over this. Over a fictional character not listening to her heart. But was I... listening?