Chapter 8

* Gia's P.O.V *

"I miss how my body looked before I got pregnant." I sighed, scrolling through old photos on my instagram. I had recently posted a throwback photo of me chilling in the pool before getting pregnant with Sky. I captioned the picture "Missing how I looked before I became a mama 🤰🏽". August came into the living room with 2 sandwiches. He really is the man of my dreams. I'd do anything for him.
"Baby, you know I love everything about you. You were beautiful before pregnancy and you're beautiful now. Shit, you're gonna be beautiful once baby Nala is here. But, honestly I love how thick you got." My husband tells me. I laughed as August sat next to me and handed me my sandwich. "Thank you, babe. For the sandwich, and for the sweet compliment. I just can't believe how flat my stomach was. Look at that!" I said, showing him my phone. "Is that before you met me? Cause I don't remember taking that photo." August says, considering he takes all of my non- selfie photos now. I look at the post. "This was before we told everybody we were together. Remember when we got an AirBnB that summer? It was me, you, Ariel, Brandon, and a few other people. Ariel took this photo." I said, remembering that day. (Picture below ⬇️)

"I think I remember

"I think I remember. What year was it?" August asked. "The summer of 2017 I believe." I said, scratching my chin. "Oh yeah, now I remember. Man, that was a good summer." He says. I smiled, remembering everything about that year. "Sure was." I said. "Life was so much easier back then." August said. "Yeah, it was. But life is better now. At least to me." I said. "Oh, for me too of course." My husband agreed.
"Mama, daddy!" Sky said, letting her presence be known. We turned over to look at her. She had her favorite stuffed bear, and was rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Hi, princess! How was your nap?" I said, opening my arms so that our baby girl could come cuddle with us. "Good." She says to me, sitting in my lap and laying her head on my chest. "Yeah? You hungry,mama?" August asked our baby. Sky nodded. She was always hungry, like her mama. "Let's go get you something to eat." August says, getting up from the couch. He picked Sky up and made a rocket sound. She loved when he did that. Sky screamed while being lifted in the air by her daddy. They went into the kitchen. I was eating my sandwich when my phone rang.
"Hello?" I said into the phone. "BITCH, guess what." Ariel says. "Uh oh, what you done did now?" I say, going on my laptop. I own a very successful online clothing store now. I'm currently working on opening up an actual store here California. "I ain't do nothing. But I got some tea!" My best friend tells me.
"Spill it!" I said. "Okay, so remember how we were talking about Asia the other day?" Ariel asked. "Yeah." I said, taking another bite of my sandwich. "Well, you remember my friend, Tamia?" Ari questioned. "The stripper girl?" I said. Ariel sighed. "Why you gotta point out the fact that she's a stripper every time I bring her up?" "Ain't that what she do? That's her identifier!" I said. I have nothing against strippers. I wanted to be a stripper after high school. My mama wasn't having it, though. "Yes, the stripper Jesus Christ! Anyway, she works at the same strip club Asia works at. So, I just got off the phone with her and guess what she told me." Ariel says to me. "What?" I said. "She said that Asia and her baby daddy broke up. He left her!" My best friend tells me. "Okay? I'm not surprised." I said.
"No, listen! There's more to the story,Gi." Ariel says. "Go on, chile." I said. "Apparently, she cheated. And the nigga she cheated with? Girl, he has Chlmydia!" Ari tells me. I don't know what came over me but I started dying laughing. "Lord, forgive me. But whew! That's what she get." I said. "Let me finish spilling the tea!" Ariel says. "Okay, okay I'm sorry!" I said, before covering my mouth. August and Sky must've decided to stay in the kitchen. "So, Tamia said that Asia might be getting her son taken from her. Not from child protective services or anything like that." Ari continues. "How the hell does Tamia know all of that? This all sound messy ass hell." I said. "But your nosy ass was laughing at the fact that Asia got Chlmydia. Try again." My best friend said. I laughed again. "See, I was only laughing cause Chlmydia is curable. I wouldn't have laughed if she had anything more serious like HIV or Herpes." I said. "You lying like hell!" Ariel snapped. I laughed once again. "Okay, maybe I would've laughed if it was herpes. But HIV, definitely not." I say. "Anyway, Tamia said that this is all over social media. Asia been posting her business all over instagram the past couple days." "Okay, well I have her blocked on everything so..." I said. "Yeah, me too. I'm waiting for Tamia to send me screenshots though." Ari says. "And you say I'm nosy!" I say. "We both nosy. There ain't no shame in my game!" Ari said. I laughed and shook my head. "Yeah, we know." I said. "Tamia finally sent me the screenshots! Whew, this is messy." Ari says. "I'm just glad she ain't messing with my family." I admit. "Word." Ariel agreed.