FIFTEEN

"You can't use them again."

Eleanor was still processing the information.

From what she understood, by coming back from the dead - she had pissed death off. And now he was trying to buy her soul with his powers which, as a side effect, returned the emotions that he had stolen from her in the first place.

It all seemed rather ironic.

"Why not?"

Jasper had lead Eleanor from the office, up the stairs and into his room - where they could have some privacy.

"Because you'll end up dead."

Eleanor was distracted by Jasper's room. It was simple, three walls plain and white with the other made of glass, displaying the stunning view of the surrounding woods. Book shelves lined one wall - reminding her of Carlisle's office, but these weren't medical volumes. His shelves were filled with the classics.

Her fingers danced across the rows of books, stopping on one and pulling it from the shelf.

"Eleanor. You're not listening to me."

She looked up at his pleading eyes, showing that he had her full attention as they stood only inches apart.

"Promise me you won't use death's power. If you do you'll end up dead and I-"

Jasper's speech faltered, as if he couldn't find the words.

"I don't know what I'd do if you died."

It was what Eleanor had tried to avoid. She didn't want to hurt him with what was inevitable but it seems her attempts were in vain.

But what she was even more frightened of was this - the feeling of despair as she realised she may have to leave him one day. The protection she felt in her numbness fell away and she was vulnerable to the hard truth of her feelings for Jasper.

But she could make sure that day was as far away as possible.

"I promise."

With her words she looked down to the worn book she held, Wuthering heights, before looking back up at him.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

Eleanor's words were mere whispers but he heard them, heard the truth she spoke them with.

He leaned, slowly, forward. Almost agonisingly slowly as he gauged Eleanor's reaction - which was to push her head upwards and feel his lips on hers.

Her hands found their way around his neck, Wuthering Heights forgotten on the floor, her fingers tangled in his blonde curls as they both poured their feelings into the kiss. It was passionate and fiery, as they melted into each other, Jasper pushing Eleanor against the book shelves.

She pulled away, breathless, and rested her head on his chest.

And in this blissful moment - Eleanor was drowning in emotion. Even before the accident, she had never felt like this. Full of joy and delight, her heart pounding with the passion she felt for him.

She could no longer hide behind the shield of her blank emotions - because with him she felt everything.

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

"Of course, darlin'."

She smiled at his pet name, as she savoured the feeling of being in his arms.