Something New

Dazai stuck his key in the door to his condo and he twisted the key and the lock clicked indicating the door was open. Dazai went in first and Chuuya followed in behind him.

"This is my condo. This is where you'll stay with me."

Chuuya took in the surroundings and he looked around. "You have a very nice place Mr...?"

"Dazai. Dazai Osamu." He smiled. "But you can drop the formalities. Dazai is just fine. I'm not Fitzgerald. I won't make you refer to me that way."

"Oh... okay."

"And your name is Chuuya right?"

"Y-Yes..." Chuuya said shyly. "Nakahara Chuuya."

"It's a pretty name. Simple and suits you."

"T-Thank you..."

"C'mon. I'll show you around." Dazai says and Chuuya follows behind him as he walks through the hallway. "So this is the living room, across is the kitchen." Dazai walked over to the huge patio window and he opened the curtains. "Patio." Dazai then walked down a hallway downstairs. "This is my study, you don't have to worry about that too much. This is just a closet across from it, and the door near the front of the hallway is supposed to be a computer room but I just made it into a men's cave."

Chuuya chuckled. "A men's cave?"

"It's a necessity." Dazai laughs. "A place to play video games, eat snacks, and not be judged by women."

"Have you been judged by women before?"

"Fortunately no. I'm not into women."

"Is that why you bought me instead of the other courtesan's?"

"Maybe. Does that bother you?"

"...No. I am quite used to it."

"I see. Well, c'mon follow me upstairs." Chuuya follows him upstairs and Dazai shows him to his room.

"This is my room...?" Chuuya asks curiously.

"This is your room."

"It's huge... I've never had a room this big. I've always had to share a room with 2 to 3 other courtesan's..."

"Well here you don't have to share it's just you. And you will never be referred to as a courtesan. That is your past. This is your present. Here with me, you are Chuuya. Just Chuuya. Just you." Dazai smiles. "And you have respect and pull here. So if anyone disrespects you tell me. I will handle it personally."

Chuuya looked shocked. He had never been referred to that way by anyone. "...Okay, thank you." Chuuya smiles. "So what's this?"

Chuuya asks, picking up the black and gold mask off his bed. "That is a masquerade mask. I was hoping you'd accompany me to a ball this evening."

Chuuya smiles. "Sure. I'd love to... but I don't really have anything..."

"Don't worry about that! I have just the one woman I know who can fix you up, and she has more than enough items of clothing to find something stunning."

*

"Um... Mrs. Kouyou-san... I don't know, this is a bit different." Chuuya says pulling up the fluffy black dress with gold designs.

"Don't be silly child it goes perfectly with the mask, now come come. Sit." She says sitting Chuuya at her vanity.

"Boss always did love the pretty ones."

"The pretty ones?"

"Yes, but they never were what the boss wanted. Call them replacements more so."

"And what makes me so special?"

"You may not understand why right now. But you will soon."

Kouyou finished up and she put the last hairpin in Chuuya's hair. "There you go. You're all ready for tonight." She says smiling.

Chuuya smiles as he looks at himself in the mirror. This was all definitely new for Chuuya, but for once he was looking forward to the future.

To Be Continued...