V

"Stop being such a baby," I groaned, slumping down on the couch, sipping the tea Luke had made for me. The contract had explicitly stated that I was to stay with him, in his home, unless I had authorisation from management. 

So, I sat on his couch with him, sipping tea and watching the NFL on the television. My belongings had been packed as soon as Luke had signed the contract and sent straight to his house, leaving Sandra and the three other bandmates to prowl the nightlife of California. I was more than a bit jealous of her freedom, whilst mine lied in the hands of the lady who had convinced me to accept her offer, she could twist and turn her hand and speak her sweet voice but she could never take my freedom. Even if she tempted me with food or Louboutin's. 

I shrugged the thought from my mind, replacing my focus on the grumbling Luke that sat beside me with a blanket curled around him, not bothering to share it. He was absentmindedly mumbling curses under his breath, each one directed towards me, though he didn't dare speak them aloud. Everyone knew not to mess with the dragon named Mia, even if they had only met me twice.

"Luke, I did what I wanted and you agreed, you definitely didn't have to sign the contract, don't make me feel more guilty than I already do," The words fell sweetly from my tongue, each one a blatant lie that hugged his gullible mind like the quilt around his body, I was far too good at lying than I liked to admit. 

To be honest, I didn't give a rats ass about the well-being of precious Luke, he seemed to make the situation we were in ten times the amount of dramatics than it was in the beginning. If he wasn't so stubborn and realised that this was the perfect opportunity for me to take if I ever wanted to even think of going to university. It would be a head start to say the least.

"I didn't agree, you forced me," He retorted, making me willingly roll my eyes and stand from the couch, forwarding towards the kitchen. His apartment was utterly beautiful, a clean, modern home with an open floor plan and beautiful clear windows inviting me to see the vast city below. Though, instead of letting my growing desire to watch the flowing traffic flow through the boulevards and laneways, I turned into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and taking a gulp.

He continued, "You forced me to sign the blasted contract and you forced me to feel guilty with those big, brown eyes and petty, little pleads," The lashes hit like feathers on my heart, extremely ineffective and  useless, if the boy wanted to hurt me then he would have to strike a hell of a lot harder than that.

I barely flinched as he continued to insult me, watching as he ran fingers through his hair and spat incoherent curse words from his pink lips. He was beautiful, tall, blonde, eyes made of pools of blue and a heart made of gold, even as he tried to vilify and make a mockery of me, he seemed harmless and childish. But, he was stopped short as a bang on the door echoed through the apartment and a sling of incomprehensible words were spoken.

We glared at each other, before Luke stood up and walked to the door that had more bangs on it. Looking though the small, glass hole in the door, he sighed in relief and rolled his eyes, opening the door to let four, drunken messes into the home. Sandra, Ashton, Calum and Michael all stumbled in with loud bellowing laughs and shouts relieving the tension that strained on my neck and letting me shoulders relax. What a night it had been.

Sandra instantly stumbled over to me, hands in the air that would soon be wrapped around me and slowly suffocating me, as she mumbled disjoint words together I could smell a considerable amount of alcohol on her lips. It made me scowl, while we sat, in the dark at a home that was now mine, Sandra and the other band members had been having the time of their lives. What a joke? 

I lead Sandra to the couch, placing her hiccuping frame on the pillows and taking the seat next to her, but wherever Sandra went, the three other curious boys followed. They were just as drunk as Sandra and I silently wondered how they had gotten home, my thoughts were soon answered. 

"Hey Mia," Sandra exclaimed, her tone made me cringe with distaste, she sounded so naive and childish, I nodded, making her continue, "Our Uber driver was the most beautiful man I had ever seen,"

Calum cut her off before she could speak, "Except for me of course!" He stated, making Sandra gasp and put a hand over her mouth, she started wailing that Calum was the ugliest man she had ever seen, although she was blind drunk I could see the embarrassed flush on her cheeks. 

"Ok, Sandy, you should go to bed now, yeah?" I proposed, more as a statement rather than a question, though she protested, trying to wiggle from my grip, I dragged her to the bed I would be sleeping in tonight. She fell asleep far too easily and when I returned to the living room, the other three were gone as well, only Luke stood, turning off the lights and the television. 

I had grabbed one of the many pillows from the bed that Sandra lied, sprawled with not enough room for me to squeeze in with her. So, I detoured towards the couch where I sat only moments ago before the four had created so much chaos. Luke only furrowed his eyebrows at me as I lied on the couch with a blanket  over top, at least in California it was hot enough to only sleep in a blanket.

"What are you doing?" He asked, watching as I snuggled into the blankets and made myself comfortable, I groaned internally at his question.

"I'm parachuting, can't you see?" I asked, sarcasm laced through my words sounding like a beautiful melody, sarcasm was my second language if plan A, glaring, didn't work.

He tried so desperately to not let the smirk on his lips prevail, he didn't try hard enough. "You're not sleeping on the couch, come on." He gestured for me to follow him and as far as I could tell, he was leading me towards his bedroom. 

I stopped at the door, "No, I'm not that much of a whore, nor am I stupid enough to be lured into this trap," I proclaimed, refusing to sleep with the guy that I had only met two days ago and had signed a contact with to ensure that I would be with him for five years. It wasn't like I had never had a one night stand before, but I didn't have to be with those guys for five years.

He held his hands up in protest, "Whoa, I'm not asking you to have sex with me, I'm giving you a place to sleep." He insisted, I couldn't only narrow my eyes and glare at him, weighing both of my options in my head, I shivered but slowly nodded my head, following him into the darkness of the room.