.06 falling into your ocean eyes

"Smosh Summer Games: Apocalypse!" Our voices echoed into the open desert air.

Knowing that today would be a heavy cardio day, I ended up going to bed shortly after the movie ended last night. My stomach couldn't handle the incessant jealousy creeping into my mind, and my body was plagued with fatigue. It seemed like the easiest way to avoid suspicion.

With three competitions already under our belt, the week had already flown by. Today, we were filming Catch Your Meal, which would signify the halfway point of the games. Matt kicked off the video introduction.

"Welcome back, everybody, to another game! Today we are playing a little game we like to call Catch Your Meal," Matt announced to the camera.

The anticipation was killing me. I placed my hand on my hip impatiently as he explained the rules of the game. The premise seemed simple enough. We had competed in games similar to this one before.

Matt revealed the buckets of the "meals" we would catch - slimy snakes, dripping chickens, and ferret-looking things that barely resembled toys. The projectile items dripped with blue, gooey liquid, saturating in various buckets. Gross.

Team assignments were determined this morning to save time. Over breakfast, Lasercorn nominated me to go first. I was surprised at his choice but agreed nonetheless. Damien and Kimmy would be joining me for the first round. Meanwhile, Toxicitea had chosen Olivia, Wes and Joven to play. It seemed like a fair match up. Both sides had relatively athletic people to anchor them.

We had already filmed the pre-game interviews this morning, and I had a few good jokes lined up from speaking with Damien and Lasercorn. The heat induced a little delirium in me, but I managed power through.

It was time to focus. Mushroom Clout absolutely needed the win today to tie the score overall. Determination set firmly in my bones. The fire was ignited.

"I'm a hungry bitch," I called out as I walked towards my position. Beads of sweat began to line my forehead.

Matt lined up a salamander to the catapult, and it seamlessly sailed through the air. I jogged towards its landing spot, but Damien managed to square up in the perfect position. A two-handed catch secured our first point.

Damien ran towards our bucket in victory, arms raised to celebrate with a distinctive yell. He dropped the salamander into our sideline bucket.

The second round began. Matt positioned himself, and then released the object. As the little toy flew towards us, I laser-focused in on it's projection.

"Get it, get it, get it!" I muttered to myself. It descended toward me. The animal slipped through my hands, but my legs clenched together to trap it. Somehow, the last-minute plan worked. It's tail lodged just above my knees.

After some celebratory shouts, I jogged towards our bucket to release the toy. "I'm gonna cook you into a little kebab!" I told the toy with an affectionate voice.

The air seemed tense with competiton. Focus radiated off of the players on the field. Unfortunately, the next toss was far too shallow. Even Kimmy, who was positioned closest to the catapult, couldn't dash for it.

"We got a couple slippery snakes!" Matt cheered, waving the next round of toys in a tantalizing manner.

"Catch 'en in my pants, catch 'em in my pants," I chanted. "Mama's hungry! Gimme, gimme!"

The mob of plastic snakes streamed across the sky. Moments later, my hands swiped the air to grab one of the snakes. I gave a satisfactory smile to my teammates. I may have had bad guesses in Spilling the Tea, but damn it, I could catch flying snakes.