Chapter 45 - Highway

Start from the beginning

You came across a blockade. There was barely any room to make it through.

Y/N: Well, me and my fucking mouth.

You looked behind you and see walkers approaching.

Javi: No time to waste. Come on.

You, Clem, and David make it across.

Kate: You know, I didn't think there was much that could scare me anymore. And, yet, here we are. I guess that just shows you that life is full of surprises.

Everyone makes it across shortly after. A walker almost got Tripp, but he gets it off of him just in time. You all kept walking and soon come across a helicopter that crashed into the highway.

David: We have to get across.

Gabe gets too close, but David pulls him back.

Clementine: I know Gabe doesn't see it, but David's really trying to look out for him. He's not doing the best job, but... no one gives you a rulebook to raise a kid.

Javi: They sure as shit don't.

Clementine: There's one thing I just don't get... Did David really think he was helping AJ by letting him go?

Y/N: Huh... I've been wondering that too, actually.

Javi: Maybe you should ask him that. Maybe he just didn't care? Not everyone wants to take care of a kid.

Clementine: I guess not, but...

Y/N: It's just... after you put in so much work... So much of your heart...

David: AJ was a brat. He lived with me after we kicked you two out. And I had already raised to kids, I thought it would easy now. Pfft, not with that tyrant.

Javi: Is that why you gave him away?

David: We had a bad winter. Destroyed every single crop we had. I couldn't leave Richmond, and AJ couldn't stay. It wasn't safe anymore. I gave him in Lingard and told him to do whatever he had to do to save his life. I won't lie, I miss him.

Javi: It sounds like it was your only option. You did the right thing.

David: I hope so. It wasn't easy, guys. Remember, as far as I knew, I had already lost two children. It wasn't easier with number three.

Javi: It's never easy.

David: I'm going to keep all of us alive, and hope that's enough for atonement.

Y/N: He was a brat, huh?

Clementine: Our goofy little brat... You did what you had to... maybe you did save his life.

David: I... I hope I did.

You all walked to the helicopter and Javi grabs one of the blades.

David: Wait! You're not thinking...?

Javi: It's that or go back.

Y/N: Fuck me...

David: We should go lightest to heaviest, that way it won't break on the first swing.

Gabe: I'll go first.

You laugh and nudge Clementine on the shoulder.

Y/N: Ha. He's calling you fat.

She stomps on your foot.

Y/N: Ok, ok! I was joking!

She smiles and shakes her head as Gabe swings across. Clementine then swings across. You grab the blade.

Y/N: This'll be the scariest thing I've ever done. Let's hop nothing tops that in the future. 

You then swing across and swing the blade back to them.

Y/N: You know, Clem. If you told me in the motor inn that I would be swinging across a highway using helicopter blade, I would've called you insane.

She giggles.

Clementine: You're telling me. You think things could get crazier than this?

Y/N: I fucking hope not.

Everyone else then swings across. The blade breaks when Javi swings across. He gets up to our side, but now Tripp has no way to get over.

Javi: Tripp!

He pulls out his gun.

Tripp: It's alright, y'all!

Y/N: We have to go back for him!

David: How?

Tripp: Don't be fucking thick! I... I can handle this!

He shoots a couple more walkers, but runs out of ammo.

Tripp: Oh, shit... Y'all head out now. I don't want you seeing this!

Everyone kept calling out to him, but there was nothing you can do. Soon, the walkers overpower him and he falls off the highway.

Y/N: Fuck! Rest in piece, Tripp. Rest in fucking piece...

(Seriously, I wish they didn't kill him off. R.I.P Tripp.)

Clementine: He went out fighting... I hope I do, too.

David: I'm sorry about Tripp, Javi. He was a good man. A guy that you want on your side in a fight. That's priceless. Rest in piece, Tripp.

Javi: Come on. We're almost there.

You all continued to walk towards the water tower.