Chapter 7: Rising Darkness

My reflection looked normal to me, like I'd always looked that way, but in reality, I'd only just turned to a dragon yesterday

          My reflection looked normal to me, like I'd always looked that way, but in reality, I'd only just turned to a dragon yesterday. I had black scales, but if you look at it a certain way, they'll show an emerald green color. My eyes seemed to glow, they looked like gems. My horns were twisted and beautiful, they shined like obsidian, while the rest of my body was black and green, I felt like I was in control, not some stuck up prince.

          My mother demonstrated breathing darkness, her throat lit up, and out came a black fireball, it hit the floor and purple flames ignited where it hit, curious, I walked into the flames, and everything went black. Then, there is the day my father left, I was standing in the doorway, and my father was leaving. I ran after him, but he was on a horse. Maybe, I could've been with dad this whole time if I didn't stop, but I did, I slipped in the mud, and I thought he was gone, but here I am, a dragon, my sisters and brother and mother are here, and I have no regrets.

          The darkness was gone, and my mother had an astonished look on her face, "what's wrong?" I ask, confused. "You took my breath, and you took it in, which means, you can use your breath." I take a deep breath, and breath out darkness, I'm one step closer to becoming a true dragon.