Chapter 21:

"Jason, are you and Corey good down there?" Jason's mom asked from the other side of the door.

"Hel-" Corey was cut off by Jason's hand.

"Yes mom, we are fine." Jason smirked, yanking on Coreys hair, hard, to hear corey try and scream, but to no avail. He couldn't do anything.

"Are you sure? Do you need snacks or anything?" She asked gently.

"No mom, we've had some." Jason said

"Okay, have fun." She said as Corey could hear her walk off.

Corey was sobbing. He was a fucking pussy. Boys weren't meant to cry! No matter what. And here he was making stupid attempts at a prayer to save him or kill him quicker, he lost the will to care which.

"Oh shut up!" Jason said, "you should be thanking me for not looking at you like the waste of space you are."

~

It had been a week since it happened, the injuries had been terrible. He went home the next morning, limping, and bloody. There was so much blood after it happened that he was surprised he didnt die. Not that he thought he would make it out of there after the way Jason grabbed his throat, strangling him until he was hitting Jason's hand, trying to breathe, trying to escape. Jason had looked at the struggling boy in the eye, the struggling, boy, the child, an innocent life, "Fucking slut." Bounced around Corey's head from how Jason had hissed it, the way he only let go when Corey was at passing out point. The way Corey had so desperately tried to fight, but being a lot shorter and younger was at such a disadvantage. The ear lobe had been bruised badly from where Jason had bitten down on it. His shoulders and back scratched until they bled. Awful , awful hickies left on his neck, the awful burns that sat on his groin, the scratches and pinches on his thighs. His lip had bled. His wrist covered, he could feel the hands still pinning it down, putting him and keeping him in place. He felt dirty, so dirty, ugly, no matter how hard he scrubbed in the old shower, the dirt remained. He felt sick. He hadn't been able to eaten, or keep anything down. And he had barely slept.

He layed down in his bed, quilt over him, too scared to sleep and relive all the things he went through. He played with his hands which where sore from picking. He wanted to die, he could feel it in the pit of his stomach. He looked up at the ceiling. The worst crime in the world and it happened to him...

He sat up and held his head, feeling his soft hair reminding himself he was still alive despite how much he touched he felt more and more disconnected with reality.

Suddenly through the cracked window, he caught a light shining through, with a strong smell of smoke. He looked out to see Jason's house... on fire.

He ran out to watch it burn, he felt even sicker which he didnt think was possible.

He stood alone in the cold night. Jason's family car wasnt there, therefore  Jason wasn't there, how he nobody noticed?

Wood fell from the building as the other neighbours came running out. His mom grabbed his shoulders which admittedly startled him, but they watched it burn, waiting for the firefighters to come out it out.

Holy fucking shit!

-

Corey and Joey were sitting in Joey's room.