Chapter 15:

Corey sighed contentedly, looking up at the ceiling. And smiling soflty. The first time In ages. He felt so, so fucking numb.

The sun poured through the bathroom window as he squinted. It was perfect. The birds chirping outside, the loneliness in the air. Fucking perfect.

He looked at the toilet which was eye level, as he exhaled, his hands on his stomach, gently tapping.

It was finally time. And he accepted that. There wasn't much point in living really. He was just a fucked up being. A stain on the human race. He was obscene and gross and dirty.

His heart was fucking broken...correction. it wasnt fucking there. She had ripped it out so cruelly and left him with nothing.

He felt the warm liquid leak from his wrists as his throat became drier. He smiled in a fuck up way. He was gonna be free.

There was no need for him anymore. He could finally escape everything. Jason...her...the stepdads...fucking everything.

He was ready.

He closed his eyes gently before he jumped out his skin.

It sounded like someone was In his house, but he lost all sensation of his arms and legs.

He opened his eyes, as he couldnt move.

"Corey!" He heard someone call his name.

He didnt say anything as he heard the footsteps get closer.

"Corey!" He heard again...it sounded like a woman's... Not his grandmas.

The bathroom door burst open.

"What did you do!? Corey!"

He looked up to see Hollies mom as he rested his head down on the cool tiles. The only thing giving him feeling anymore.

"We gotta get you to the hospital."

~

Joey looked into Corey's eyes, still gray and dull. As he snuggled into Corey. Both stilll lying on the floor.

"You dont know how long I've been waiting for this." He said softly, smiling.

Corey hummed. "Wouldnt have guessed." He chuckled sarcastically.

Joey did too before sighing and sitting across from him with his knees tucked into his chest instead of laying ontop of the man.

"Are you sure the thing can wait?" Joey asked perking up.

"What thing?" Corey raised an eyebrow.

"The thing you were gonna tell me." Joey said simply.

Corey sighed "yeah, it can wait."

Joey took his hand. "You can tell me anything okay?"

Corey just nodded. He couldnt, he couldnt tell Joey just anything. The thoughts that went on in his head were horrific. Surely joey wouldnt even want to even be subjected to hearing that. And Joey being close, that was scary, he wanted to push him away more. Yet he was also surprisingly content in the moment.