Chapter 17 {The Element of Surprise}

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that would be a problem" Erina hummed as she holds her chin in thought.

"You think?! But I really don't know how to handle this" Cynthia ruffled her hair in stress.

"Or you could wait for me to come to you, you know?"

"Haha like we can actually do that" Cynthia sarcastically laughed before blinking when she noticed the suggestion didn't come from Erina. "T-that weren't me..."

The two girls panicked as they searched for the sudden intrusion. "Hey" a familiar pink head peeked from behind the old tree.

"W-wait so you're actually Yumi?" Cynthia pointed at her earning a deadpanned look from the girl.

"What do you think? Seriously, you had two lifetimes but still couldn't have more brain cells?" The pink-haired girl blankly insulted.

"Ah, it must be you! No one can burn me so closely as you do!" Cynthia cried in joy even ignoring the insults she just received. The blonde girl hugged the girl with Erina following in suit. Yumi simply sighed as she pats their back.

"Yes yes it has been great to see you too"

The two girls simply laughed even harder before releasing the girl from their death hug.

"And to think you actually come to us first!" Cynthia grinned.

"What's the surprise? I mean I recognize Kathryn and Erina's names. Plus I remember this world is actually that otome game you played before" Yumi shrugged.

"But how did you realize it so fast?" Erina titled her head.

"Well, I recognize the familiar names such as the Claremore Duke, Prince Anthony and the likes. Not to mention, this world is a fantasy where magic exists so the thought of reincarnation is not impossible. So yeah you can connect the dots" Yumi hummed.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense" Erina nodded.

"Though I never expect Iris to be Cynthia, the Villainess"

"So you do listen when I talk to you about anime and stuff!" Cynthia grinned.

"Unfortunately...but I guess in this situation, it actually paid off" Yumi sighed.

"Then how about you join us and hang at my place?" The blonde heiress invited her.

"Sure. I already asked my parents since I overheard you guys earlier"

"Wait did you eavesdropped on us?!"

"I didn't even mean to. Your group was so especially loud actually" Yumi shrugged.

"Oh since that clear up, let's be on our way!" Cynthia linked her arms with Yumi and Erina, pulling them along. The happy blonde eagerly approached their carriage where her cousin is waiting for them.

"And who did you pick up now?" Orion sighed once he spotted the unfamiliar girl with Cynthia.

"A new friend and I hope you don't mind her tagging along~" the blonde heiress sheepishly grinned.

"Like I can actually stop you..." The orange-haired boy groaned.

"Aww you know you can't say no to me~" Cynthia smirked nudging him.

"Alright Cynthia that's enough, we best be on our way" Erina smiled as she climbed inside the carriage with Yumi following in suit. "Okey~"

Cynthia grinned as she forcefully pulled her cousin inside the carriage. "Oi, you don't have to pull!"

However, the four children were unaware of the pair of piercing violet eyes watching them from afar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~