ashton (+ luke (irl))

Start from the beginning

ashton blushed, "yeah quite a lot do. we're just friends, though."

charlie 'aw'ed and then turned when she heard someone calling her.

"sorry i have to go. my girlfriend's calling me. can i have a hug quickly? from both of you?"

calum and ashton quickly hugged her before she ran off in the direction of her girlfriend.

"we just met a fan," calum breathed out. "now i can see why luke likes being famous."

ashton giggled softly, his eyes lighting up when the security guard came towards him and calum with a photo.

"are you ashton irwin and calum hood?" he grumbled, looking back and forth between the boys and the picture.

the two boys nodded vigorously, "yep!"

the security guard gestured for them to follow him, leading them inside the empty hall.

"this mr. hemmings' dressing room. mr. clifford is in there too."

he pushed the door open after he knocked, "sir, they're here."

as soon as the two boys entered the room, they were both pulled into tight hugs, door closing behind them.

calum and michael hugged tightly before sharing a soft kiss, "missed you, mikey."

luke had lifted ashton while they hugged, ashton almost tearing up when he realised just how much he missed the singer.

"i missed you, lukey," he murmured.

"i missed you too, baby boy."

"luke, we're letting people in now. you got about five minutes until you have to go up," his crew member warned him.

luke nodded, pulling something out of his pocket and passing ashton his ticket.

"this is going to let you come backstage after the concert, okay? there's gonna be some fans back here but not a lot bought vip tickets so it won't be many."

ashton nodded, taking the ticket and hiding it in his sleeve.

"i can't believe i'll get to hear you perform for real," he whispered.

luke smiled, lifting ashton's chin and placing a kiss on his forehead. "i can't wait to give you the performance of a lifetime, darling."

"luke! two minutes!"

ashton and calum left the room and were led into the arena where thousands of others stood.

squirming and excited guys and gals (and possibly nonbinary pals) stood waiting for the god, luke hemmings himself.

ashton and calum headed to the front row, standing at the very front. they would've been just about able to touch the stage if it wasn't for the guards standing in front of them.

"this place is packed," calum yelled over the crowd. "yeah. i don't blame them though, luke's amazing."

the lights dimmed as the curtains were raised and there stood the man in all his glory.

"la, how are we doing tonight?"

everyone screamed as luke's voice echoed throughout the arena. "i really hope you guys liked the new album. this album actually means a lot to me. most of the songs are about someone very very special to me and i just hope you guys loved it as much as i do."

"now, we're gonna start with one that i really enjoyed writing, despite how punk it is. ya'll know i'm not really a punk person but it's probably one of my favourites. if you know the lyrics, sing along."

and that's when the tune of end up here began playing throughout the arena.

that night was probably one of the best nights ashton's ever had. his eyes sparkled and his heart fluttered as he realised that it was almost time for the concert to end.

"this is a song that i've been working on for a while and it means a lot to me. it's about someone who's actually in the crowd. i know that sounds very fan fiction-y of me but it's true. he's kind of my everything and i can't wait until he's mine."

luke's eyes wandered to ashton's and his heart started beating faster at the sight of the curly haired boy with tears glistening his eyes in the crowd.

"i need your love to light up this house, i wanna know what you're all about. i wanna feel you, feel you tonight. i wanna tell you that it's alright."

ashton placed a hand over his mouth, tears threatening to fall at the thought of luke spending nights up just to write this for him.

"we'll never be as young as we are now. it's time to leave this old black and white town. let's seize the day, let's run away. don't let the colours fade to grey."

ashton pushed back his tears and smiled at luke, who returned it as his angelic voice carried on singing.

luke and ashton lay on the hill that night watching the stars, their hands linked together.

"around two years ago, i was in an abusive relationship."

luke's head snapped to ashton, his eyebrows furrowed. "what?"

"he was so horrible and i hated every moment of it but i thought i loved him."

"ash, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready."

"he would hit me and tell me that i was unloveable. he hated it when i posted pictures of myself online because he always thought that because i wore 'girl' clothes, i was a whore," ashton continued, his eyes never leaving the sky.

"he made me believe that i would be nothing without him. and it took so long to get over him because of that. because i thought i was nothing without him."

luke looked up, eyes reflecting the twinkling of constellations. "but you're everything."

ashton hummed quietly.

"he pushed me into depression. he was one of the reasons why i started self harming and smoking. i was an alcoholic for a while too but calum got me out of that. he helped me, and i haven't really gotten drunk since."

"it was hard for me to be friends with you for a bit. in the beginning i blamed it on you just being my celebrity crush and that's that."

"then i started getting to know you. yeah, you joked about sex and shit but it was always just that, jokes. hell, you didn't even pressure me into being in a relationship with you."

"i started falling for your stupid jokes and the crinkles by your eyes when you smiled and the little and barely noticeable freckles on your face. i started falling for all of it. eventually i fell in love with you."

luke looked at ashton, sitting up abruptly and pulling ashton with him.

"are you saying this to play with my feelings?"

ashton shook his head. "i'm saying this because i'm finally ready to be with you. you make me so happy, lukey."

and then he leaned in, softly pressing his lips against the blonde's soft ones.

unfortunately, oxygen exists and they had to pull apart to breathe.

"wow," said luke, making ashton giggle.

"i've kissed you before, but this just...wow."

ashton giggled again, pushed luke's chest and said, "come on, doofus. will you be my boyfriend?"

luke pouted, "i wanted to ask you. but yeah. i'll be your boyfriend."

—————————————————

5sos rescheduled the concert dates so now i'm seeing them april 17th 2021.

as much as it sucks that i have to wait another year, i'm glad they're trying to keep us and them safe tho.

-e xx