Chapter 17 ~ Friends Like These

Start from the beginning

The buzz from someone's phone interrupted them, and the pinkette sheepishly smiled realizing it was from hers.

"Hey are you doing anything later?" Sakura asked, reading over the text message.

"I don't think so, why?"

"Hinata wanted to invite us over."

Ino clapped her hands excitedly. "Yes! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to help with your birthday!"

Sakura groaned in response, shutting her eyes. "I told you, I don't want anything for my birthday!"

"I heard you." The blonde said nodding before softly adding, "But I wasn't listening."

After finishing up, they stood at the top of the wooden staircase, examining everything, satisfied with their work.

"I hope this helps brighten things up." Sakura said, blowing a strand of hair out of her eyes.

"Me too."

___________________

According to the new Uzumaki, her husband had gone out with Sasuke early that morning and weren't going to come back till late in the evening.

Today more so she felt lonely, especially since the Uchiha had returned, Naruto seemed to follow him like a puppy.

But she knew they were just catching up on lost time from over the years, and she was happy that Sakura and Ino were coming over to spend time with her.

They all needed alittle girl time.

"Hiii!" Sakura greeted, as Hinata opened the door with a smile, letting them inside her house.

"We brought you some dessert!"

The once Hyūga accepted the small container, telling the two of them, it wasn't necessary.

Popping the lid open, there lay colourful macaroons, fresh from the bakery opposite the hospital.

She placed it on the countertop as they all sat around, joking leisurely about what was going on in their lives lately.

An hour into their visit, the door slid open, revealing the best friends who wore tired expressions.

"Hey guys!" Naruto said happily, lifting a hand to wave but almost lost his balance as Sasuke let go of the arm that was holding him steady.

"What happened to you guys? You look beat!" Sakura asked standing up, her eyes scanning over the pair.

The last time she saw them two days ago, they were in good health and their skin was free of bruises.

Naruto laughed, giving them his usual goofy grin. "We were sparring and got a tad carried away."

"I'll get you two some water." Hinata said, going to the kitchen.

Sasuke shook his head. "I just came to leave this loser."

"Oi! You're no better!" The blonde shouted, pointing an accusing finger at him to which the raven just rolled his eyes- well aware that they both were tired from their sparring session.

Hinata offered them a glass of water, although she was more focused on her husband who looked like he was about to drop any minute now.

Even though Sasuke had run into her a few times before, and now that she was his best friend's wife, he never really made an attempt to try to talk to her.

But, they were respectful towards each other, and preferred it that way.

"Later." The Uchiha bid.

"Oh we should go too." Ino said, glancing at her wristwatch.

"It's almost supper time, are you sure you don't want to eat before you go?" Hinata asked.

It never really dawned on her until now, how she looked like the odd one out. There were two pairs of best friends here, while she stood infront of them like a fifth wheel.

She was very grateful that the girls didn't make her feel left out or leave her out of the loop even though she was the shyer one of the three.

It was nice to have friends like these.

"No, don't worry!" Sakura reassured, as the couple watched as their friends exited the house, before saying goodbye.

The blonde mouthed something to her friend winking mischievously, but Sakura didn't even bother making sense of what she said.

Ino had gone her own way after that, leaving Sakura and Sasuke alone like earlier that week.

It was still fairly bright, enough for them to see through the streets.

They walked in silence, before Sakura stopped abruptly.

"Look at me." She said, causing him to raise his eyebrow but he looked anyways.

It was a bold move, but she was tired of seeing him act tough as if he wasn't in discomfort.

The main reason for becoming who she was today was so that she could help her teammates, and right now she had the ability to do that.

She brought her hand up to his face, and he flinched slightly at the sudden contact.

He was about to ask what did she think she was doing to him, when she quickly cut him off with a "Shhh."

If he didn't know any better, he'd assume she was getting his face ready for a good slap, but slowly her hand begun to light up.

The green glow was calming, as the pinkette healed the scratches and bruises that scattered across his cheek.

When she was happy with the results, her hand slowly dropped from his face, but he stopped her from moving.

His bandage wrapped hand gently placed over hers.

Sakuras eyes widened in surprise, but she quickly regained her composure as his mismatched eyes looked straight into hers.

"Thanks."

She didn't bother concealing the smile that was automatic everytime she was with him.

Taking that as a response, he lifted his hand from above hers, letting it hang at his side.

She immediately missed the far-from-familiar feeling that came with it. But unknowingly it wouldn't be the last time.

••••••••••••••

Authors note:

Heeey everyone ಥ‿ಥ

Thank you so freaking much for all the support you've shown me. Like you have no idea how happy I get when I read all your lovely comments, and just see that you guys enjoy the content I write!✿ ♡

Also, I've never taken an online test before, so if any of you have, could you please leave some advice or tips or whatever. It would really help me!
I'm quite clueless ⊙﹏⊙

Anyways, updating won't be as frequent (as if it even is now heh) till maybe begining of July because I have to study for my exams!
But I hope you guys don't get tired of waiting and leave this book, that would suck🥺

Hope you all have an amazing day!

~LiEmerald.
Posted 24 May 2020.