The cabin is less than a mile away from my cottage and is massive. It has two stories and was built with thousands of trees that had grown in the very forest where our pack resides. My father did not have to build the cabin with his bares hands, because the alphas house has been around for hundreds of years. Not even the Star Bătrânii knows how long and exactly when it was built. It has been a tradition that every alpha will live and raise his family within the cabin. It has a very traditional motif and huge picture windows that overlooks the Lacul Imens , the lake that is the water supply for the whole packs as well as a few of the surrounding packs. Forbidden waters are what the lake should be named for no one is allowed to swim in it, even though the crystal clear water is so tempting.

The wind lifts up the ends of my floor length dress that I finally decided on. It is a soft violet color and ruffles cover the bodice and capped sleeves. My mother and I are matching she is wear a similar gown but in a pale yellow that compliments her skin tone beautifully.

Unlike me my mother did not seem as nervous about meeting Kader's parents. But perhaps it is because she knows how nervous I am and does not want me to become more uneasy. I just wish for this night to be over and done with. The only good thing about this evening will be that I get to see Kader again, but I doubt we will get any alone time. Though I guess I have the rest of my life to be alone with him very soon. This thought makes me feel nervous and giddy at the same time.

The trip to the alphas house was not long enough for me, but it is time for me to get myself together and present myself the best I can for Kader's parents. As we approach the entrance to the lodge my mother takes my hand and squeezes it. I look to her and see her give me a soft smile a reassuring smile. I turn away and observe the trees as my mother knocks on the dense pine door. I just want to flee into the forest to avoid this dinner but I know I cannot, and I will not.

After a few moments the door groans open and one of the many maids that work here greets us and guides us inside. I do not pay attention to my surroundings because as soon as I entered through the door Kader's scent hits me. His scent is almost un-describable, it is manly and rich. I can smell the deepest part of the forest from him and a spice that I cannot pinpoint. The scent is mysterious just like the wolf it belongs to.  The maid leads us into a sitting room just off the entrance and Kader's scent increases, but is also mixed with several others.

Before I can even step over the threshold into the new room Kader is at my side and evading my senses.  I take a look at him and oh stars he is such a sight. He is dressed in a simple white cotton button up shirt with black pants. But there is nothing simple about him, every time I see him the more attractive he looks to me.

"Thank the stars you have arrived." He whispers in my ear, this makes with want to shiver with delight, however I manage to contain myself. I takes me a moment to notice the nervous and anxious look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask full of worry, please don't tell me something has gone wrong already, we've just arrived.

He ushers me off to the side of the sitting room, where I assume our families are waiting. I look around to see where my mother has gone off to, but she is nowhere to be found. Kader grabs my arms and turns me to face him. I notice his olive eyes are lighter and his eyebrows furrowed in a worry state.

"Nothing is wrong exactly, that is if you count not having any say or even being allowed to speak about your future with your mate!" I flinch a little at his outburst, I never knew my mate could be so snappy.

"What do you mean? Are they discussing us already?" I ask softly hoping to calm his nerves, and maybe my own.

"Yes they are, that's all our parents have been talking about. However they don't seem to care about my opinion or what I have to say. They are trying to plan my-our future without concern of what we want." He runs a hand roughly through is hair and turns away from me.