Chapter 2: A Letter

~A Note from the Author: So, you're probably wondering 'why the hell did she just out of the blue write about a vampire?' Well! The answer to that is: I was sitting in Barnes and Noble, on my kindle and I thought of a story; this story. I really hope you're enjoying it, as much as I enjoy writing abut it. I've taken the vampires and made them my own, so bare with me, it may get confusing :) Love you all, and thank you so much for reading. Please Vote, comment, and become a fan, it would mean to world to me :) -Cierra~

*I Married Him for Them*

*Chapter 2: A Letter*

How cliché was it that it was two weeks before my 18th birthday when my parents died? Very. I didn't want to go to the sail off, and I didn't. Paris promised to stay home with me, so that I didn't have to be near them when they buried my parents and shipped off their stuff. It wasn't exactly fair to me, but that's what you were supposed to do with your King and Queen when they died.

My parents had left Paris - my godmother - in charge until I turned eighteen in two weeks. I knew one thing, it was going to be a long two weeks.

If you're wondering why I didn't cry, it was because I never cried. Sure, most vampires did, but I prefer keeping my feelings inside. What's the point of crying? It doesn't help that my whole family is dead. It doesn't help that I didn't get to tell them goodbye before they were gone. Nothing helped.

"Adelaide, sweetie, how about we watch movies and eat ice cream tonight?" She gave me a sympathetic smile. I nodded and stood up slowly.

"Can we watch Dracula?" I smiled. Some movies were just pathetic. If only humans knew what Vampires were really like. We had wings, but we didn't turn into bats. Well, unless you were a shifter, but I wasn't.

"Sure. We can watch whatever you want." No one was in the castle. Everyone was at the sailing. If you hadn't figured it out yet, sailing was the burying of a vampire, then the shipping of their most precious items - no, that did not include me.

I walked to the door and looked back at Paris. "I'll be back."

**

I crouched down and watched the boy go by. His eyes were a deep green. I stared at his neck. I could feel his blue vein bumping against his thin skin. I licked my lips and eyed him. I was hungry, I needed a snack.

I inched towards the boy, keeping my eyes on the pulsing vein in his neck. I licked my lips quickly and looked around. He was walking through a dark alley. Must have been taking a short cut. I rounded the corner and peered into the dark alley way at the man. Bad idea, bub.

I smiled and threw myself onto the man. He yelled for a second and thrashed around. My fangs extended and sank into the deep blue vein that had been taunting me all this time. I groaned at the taste of his bl!!d. The liquid poured into my mouth. I could feel the man under me quivering and attempting to push me away, but I was too strong for him.

I didn't want to pull away, and so I didn't until the man collapsed beneath me. I pulled back and wiped my mouth on my arm. I looked at the man once more. He wasn't a man at all...he was a mere boy. Maybe sixteen or seventeen. I leaned down and slid my tongue over the wound I'd left, which immediately healed. I pressed my fingers to his neck. He was still breathing, he would probably just be a bit dizzy when he woke up.

I stood up and ran my tongue over my teeth, pulling my long sleeves down over my arms. I closed my eyes and let my wings spread before they flapped. I looked around to make sure no one saw me and dashed off towards the castle.

I flew into my window and my wings disappeared into my back. I was afraid that I'd find Paris dead, but thankfully she was downstairs in the kitchen. She must have smelled the blood, "Did you have a nice snack?"

I looked down. I could hear the disappointment in her breath. "You know your mother and father didn't like you feeding from the source until you were eighteen, and I'm going to keep their wish," she paused, "please don't let me catch you again."

I smirked. Nope, I won't let you catch me.

As the night went on, Paris and I sat ourselves down in front of the 55 inch television and popped in Dracula. It was crazy! On this T.V., you could see the chin hairs on his face. I didn't feel like doing anything for a long time. I couldn't believe that I'd be eighteen soon. What exactly was I going to do with an entire kingdom? I was too young for this....

Paris agreed, but she didn't say so. She told me that I just had to do what was best, and she'd be by my side to help me. I knew she would. Paris was wonderful in ways. Sometimes I didn't want to be around her, but she was truly like a second mother to me.

I rested my head on Paris's shoulder and watched the screen as Dracula turned into a bat. I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that most people thought we turned into such nasty creatures. I'd be damned to be a bat. They smelled.

**

I woke up the next night in my bed. I didn't remember walking up the stairs, so I must have been carried. As I sat up, my head twisted. I moaned and ran my fingers through my hair. I knew this was going to be a long day.

I stood onto my feet and made my way down the stairs. I sniffed the air. There was no food cooking, so Paris must have been asleep. I gazed from left to right. I tiptoed into the kitchen and hopped onto the counter. "Misses Underwood!" Someone yelled, and I screeched, falling off of the counter. I looked up to see Ivan, one of the human servants.

"Good lord, Ivan, you scared the phish out of me!" Ivan was a small boy. He had bright orange hair. Whenever he blushed, his whole face would turn a dark red. I giggled as he blushed. He was too cute.

"Sorry, Miss."

"Oh please, call me Addie or Adelaide, or nothing at all."

Ivan simply nodded and held a shaky hand out to me. I smiled and took it, letting him pull me up. Though he was short, he was taller than me. I guessed you could say I wasn't the tallest girl. I leaned up and pecked his cheek, hiding that my fangs were pressing against my lip.

His cheeks heated once again as he stuttered, "m-m-m-miss I mean...A-A-Adelaide, miss, you have a l..letter." I raised an eyebrow as he pressed it to my hand. I smiled.

"Thank you, Iv."

I threw myself down on the couch as Ivan began to pick up. I stared at the letter for a moment. It had a red seal, with a crest in the middle of it. I raised an eyebrow and pressed my lips together before tearing it open. Inside was a piece of folded parchment. I took it out and opened it.

Dear Princess Adelaide,

I'm very sorry to hear that your parents have passed on, but there must be another ruler of the kingdom. As of now, since you are under aged, your guardian, Paris will be the one to rule. On your 18th birthday, you must marry and become Queen of the Kingdom. There are many Princes to pick from.

Deeply sorry for your loss, Pottzy Dean

President

My heart pounded quickly in my chest. I stared at the letter for a few seconds and looked up as I heard someone come down the stairs. "Paris, look at this," I whispered, extending my hand and thrusting it into her hands.

She took the parchment and let her eyes run over the words. She sighed and tore them away, looking back at me. "I'm sorry, sweetie, it's the rules." Paris said it so casually that I winced.

"What? You're going to make me marry someone I don't even know?" I nearly screamed, throwing myself onto my feet. I guessed I looked like some pathetic three year old, because that's what Paris looked at me like.

"You're going to marry for them. For your kingdom. There are no other heirs, Adelaide." I stood up and brushed away my hair, shaking my head.

"I won't do it. You can't make me do it." It seemed like my parents had just died. And now I was going to have to get married. And on my birthday? Well, a very happy birthday to Adelaide.