C29: The Vacation

Derek yawned for the hundredth time as the private jet finally landed. He sighed and glanced at his wristwatch checking the time. It was well past two pm.

"We're here!" His father announced and glanced at Derek who seemed bored out of his skin. "Come on son!"

"Please spare me the excitement." He rolled his eyes as he slapped his father's demanding hands away and got up himself, walking out of the jet and onto the pavement.

The family island, the treasure of his Father's father. It wasn't very big because they weren't much of a success during that time, but it had the perfect views and a beautiful lake.

"Come on! Your mother is waiting." His father said as he grabbed Derek's hand again, running towards the large cabin.

They stepped into the cabin, a big and fancy but cozy enough to live in. Despite trying to make it look expensive, they needed it to look warm.

"You're here!" His mother said as she reached out her hands and wrapped Derek in a thick embrace. "Penelope is here too. To get your mind off things."

"How will Penelope get my mind off things?" Derek rolled his eyes and his mother simply smiled softly.

"Derek!" Penelope exclaimed as she had just walked into the living room with a bowl of freshly made cookies. "Have some cookies!"

"Oh please no...." Derek sighed and Penelope pouted her lips.

"You'd rather eat Victoria's right?" At the mention of her name, his heart leaped into his throat. "But she's not here." She said and he clenched his jaw tightly. "She's in the kitchen." She whispered and smiled as Derek's face turned pale.

"You.... You're serious?" He asked and before she could answer, he brushed past her and rushed into the kitchen where she actually was, just finishing off putting her cookie dough in the oven.

Completely shocked and out of breath, he rushed over without alerting her and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her to him, shocking her a bit.

"What ... Oh Derek." She chuckled and sighed out as she eased her shoulders. "You scared me."

"I thought you left." He whispered as he inhaled her scent and tried as much to absorb her warmth. "I honestly thought you disappeared."

"I wouldn't just go. You have a contract to sign." She smiled teasingly as she turned around and grabbed a file from the countertop, handing it to him. He let her go and nervously opened the envelope, hoping it wasn't the contract his father had been talking about. The contract to agree to leaving her but financially supporting the girls.

"I, Mr Derek Lamar, agree to the terms and regulations of this contract according to the owners satisfaction," he began to read out, more to himself. "With no denial and holding full rights to the subject at hand. The subject being..." He broke as a smile snapped across his face and tears blurred his eyes. Victoria bit her lower lip as she watched him struggle to continue.

"Continue." She insisted and he looked at her as he bit on his lower lip with tears still soaked in his eyes.

"The subject being acceptance to marriage proposal." He chuckled out and wiped the tears in his eyes with his thumb. "You've... Accepted?"

"Sign the contract Mr Lamar." She smiled as she pulled out a pen from the back of her jeans and handed it to him. "You gave me a contract to be your pretend wife. Now you sign mine, to be my husband." She said and he chuckled, gladly signing it before dropping the items on the countertop and wrapping her in his arms.

He crushed his lips on hers as joy took the best of him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tightened her hold a bit, missing his touch already.

"I thought you left yesterday." He chuckled as he brought his thumb to her lower lip and brushed it softly. "I got sick just thinking about you."

"Your father thought it would be fun to toy with you." She chuckled as she kissed his cheek and sighed out. "I didn't want to play along but he is older, so I need to respect him."

"He tortured me." Derek chuckled, still not believing he was holding Victoria in his arms. "I cried so much in front of Winston... I think his traumatized now." He chuckled and Victoria frowned as she cupped his cheeks and stared into his eyes.

"You're so stupid for falling in love with me." She whispered as she leaned in so close that their lips brushed against each other. "And I'm more stupid for loving you back."

"Then let's be stupid together." He whispered before reconnecting their lips, this time, sliding his tongue in to deepen the kiss as he became a little rough, getting a moan from her.

"I know you two miss each other, but this is the kitchen." Penelope pointed out with a chuckle and Victoria blushed as she pulled away from Derek who was hardly embarrassed.  "I didn't think I would see the day my brother fell in love like this." She sighed out in admiration. "I love it."

"Thanks." Derek chuckled as he kissed Victoria's shoulder while he stood behind her. "She means everything to me."

Victoria couldn't resist a smile before it was wiped off when one of the babies' cries erupted the air.

"Not again..." Victoria groaned out of reluctance and Derek chuckled.

"I'll go check on them." He offered and she smiled, leaning in and giving him a small kiss on his lips before she turned back to the oven.

"When you get back you'll have some cookies waiting." Victoria smiled and Derek returned it with a wink.

"I'd like to have you as one of the cookies." He said as he bit his lower lip and she blushed, covering her cheeks with her hands as she looked away while Penelope cringed her nose.

"Oh Derek, you still haven't learnt your manners!" Penelope yelled as she grabbed a towel, ready to throw it at him but he was long gone by then. "Honestly, he's so nasty sometimes. Are you sure you want to put up with this Victoria?

"What can I say? He can't resist me." She chuckled as she glanced down at the engagement ring on her finger.

"Oh my God you two are the same...." Penelope sighed out in defeat and pity.

******
Mmm spicy cookies they are.
Moewwwww.
Hehehe
Comment and vote!!!!