Chapter 13: Where I First Met Him [1]

Start from the beginning

Oh, Gord. I think he doesn't believe in indirect kissing.

Granger looked at me nonchalantly, "I see no problem in that, Miss Vance. Don't worry, I know your health status, there's nothing to worry about," He answered, and started to eat.

And now he's reassuring me that it's fine it's because I bring no disease?! What on earth is he thinking? Or maybe I'm going insane, ugh.

I stared at him with a priceless look while he eats silently. I feel like he noticed that I'm staring at him like an idiot, damn. Every sip, every munch, I found myself gulping because the way he eats... was attractive.

I looked away, as I slowly lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling, and trying my best not to shot a glance at him.

Even though it's cold in here, I can feel my sweat rolling down from my forehead, and my hands were cold as ice. I feel so tensed, argh!

"Miss Vance, are you okay? You looked tensed," I almost flinched as Granger spoke, I glanced at him, and my gaze went down as I saw the plate and the glass cup was empty, and clean. He's done eating.

I smiled and nodded, "I'm fine," I reassured him, and chuckled quietly.

"By the way, what time is it?" I asked him. And he looked at me, as he formed a small curve on his lips.

"It's now ten in the evening," He answered, as he placed the tray on the table beside me.

"Oh, okay." It was all that I could say.

"By the way, Miss Vance... I hope you don't mind, but I'm curious what going on between you and Paxley," I widened my eyes, as I looked at him and forced a smile. My heart starts to beat faster, damn... even now, I still can't move on from what he had done to me.

"Sure, feel free to ask," I said, as I combed my hair with my hand.

"How did you met him? That Paxley?" He asked as he lend his body closer to mine, looking at me with a hint of curiosity in his eyes.

I took a deep breath, and all the memories I had with Gusion was so vivid, even when I first met him.

I guess it's not that easy to forget, huh.

FLASHBACK:

"Sister, I'm hungry," Harley complained as he stomped his feet on the floor, while giving me a grimace look on his face.

I kneeled on the floor, in front of him, I raised my hand as I patted his head. "Don't worry, Harley. I'll buy something to eat." I said as I let out a warm smile.

"May I come with—"

"No, stay here, Harley. I promised to mom and dad that I will protect you at all cost." I said, with an authoritative tone, and gave him a stern look. I stood up from the floor, and walked towards the doorway.

He stood by his spot, and frowned. "Alright, sister. I was just... worried about you," He muttered.

That was all a lie, Harley loves being alone, so that he could do crazy things while I'm gone, or do something that I'm not aware of. Such a funny kid.

As I bid my farewell to him, I exited the house and made my way to the market. I heard my little brother screaming from the distance,

"YAHOO!"

I sighed and shook my head, as I continued to walk to the market. The market is a bit far, since I need to walk for fifteen minutes from here just to reach the market.