[37] Unwrapping the secrets

Start from the beginning

When the arrest warrant is issued by the court, they tried to find Keita hyung but they can't find even a single trace of him. A maid told Yoonbin hyung that there's this one time when she's cleaning my room, she heard a noise coming from here. At first the maid thought it was just an imagination that she heard a dog bark because no one owns a dog in this house but when she tried to listen carefully, she confirmed that she heard the sound and a person's voice inside.

None of them believe it at first. They are too busy looking after me and finding Keita, at the same time they can't just leave our business like that. Until the maid told them that she keep hearing the sound whenever she comes to my room but it gets weird because she no longer hear a person's voice but only a dog's bark.

That's the time where Uncle Daniel and Yoonbin hyung decided to muster up the courage and check this place.”

Jeongwoo is still speechless.

For some unknown reason he hold on tight to Haruto's hand because it seems like anytime soon he will break down judging from the tears attempting to fall from his eyes.

“Like what the maid told them, there was a dog inside but the moment they step in the elevator an awful smell kicks in. Both of them has no idea what it was. Not until they opened this door....” The latter paused and close his eyes. As if on cue, the tears he's trying to hold back run down to his cheeks.

“.....where they saw Keita hyung lifeless.”

“He took his own life, Jeongwoo. He killed himself inside this room.”

“Remember when you told me that you want to see him? How i wish i can do that for you, Jeongwoo. I wish i can see him again. How i wish that i wasn't unconscious for a month so I could tell him that it's fine.

I wish i told him i wasn't mad. If only i can stop him from taking all the blame and from taking his own life. If only i could tell him all that, Jeongwoo.

Then i won't have to live with regrets all my life. Then i won't have to live with the fear of losing everyone that comes in my life. I wish i could forget all of that. I wish I could free myself from all the guilt and pain that keeps hunting me. I wish.”

Jeongwoo broke down into tears, his heart clenching as he squeeze Haruto's hands. Both of them are crying.

Pain, empathy, pity, guilt, agony, and regrets. All of those emotions in one tears, all of those at the same time. Jeongwoo's heart broke not for himself, but for them.

It all makes sense to Jeongwoo now. How Haruto treated him badly so he won't get attach to him. How he find it hard to trust and get along with people. As well as how Yoonbin told him to stay away from this room. How he told him to forget that this room existed. It's all because of that. Because of all the painful memories this place keeps.

How did Haruto bear with this for a long time? Jeongwoo thought as his tears continue to roll against his cheeks.

Jeongwoo pulled Haruto into a warm and comforting embrace as they both cried. He didn't know what to say, everything is just too much to grasp. He can only be with him. He can only make the older feel that he is loved and he will never be alone again.

Haruto sob harder and lightly separate himself from the hug as he caress the dog behind him.

“Did you know that everyone wanted to get rid of this dog? At first they got mad at me for keeping him here but i told them that this is the only way i know to bear with all the guilt.

This is Keita hyung's dog. Whenever i see him i feel at ease, i know it's strange. But it is as if telling me that I don't have to drown in guilt. As if i have to keep him forever and take care of him so i won't blame myself because everything that happened is not my fault. As if i can fulfill all the things i wasn't given the chance to do if i take care of him like my own.”

The dog leaned in more to the touch as if he understands the situation making the tall Japanese smile while there are still tears in his eyes.

Jeongwoo once again hug him tight, they both try to calm one another. The younger can feel how tight the Japanese male is holding unto him as if he will disappear any moment.

He pulled the older and press his ears against his chest so that Haruto can listen to his heartbeat. “I am alive. I won't go anywhere as long as you want me in your life. I can stay with you as long as this heart of mine is beating and you should promise to do the same.”

Haruto nod with a smile before he leaned in for a kiss.